tryingtogain is offline Member

Question whats the diff between these 3 differnt kinds of water?

whats the differnt between spring water, distiled water, and drinking water. i went to the store and they had gallon gugs of springwater, distiled water, and drinking water. i didnt know wich one to get whats the differnce guys i mean shit its water whats the diff

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I believe distilled water is stripped of everything - good for your radiator but not good for you... all the good minerals and such are removed (which would build up if used for batteries or radiators...)

well shit i drank a half gallon at once of distleld water this weekend i t hought water was pure water and not minerals?

wait a minute distlilield water would not hurt me if its pure water

harl is offline Associate Member
    Distilled water is good if you want to cut out sodium out of your diet. Some waters have a lot of sodium in it not good if your trying to cut up, expecially if you drink a gallon a day.

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    which waters have sodium in them ?......does tap water?spring water?i drink a brand called northern glacier it does say say anything abiout sodium on it ......doees it have any ?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Distilled-where all setiments are extracted
    drinking water- usually has gone through some kind of purification or filtering system, or have added ingredients such as flouride (tap water)
    spring water- unfiltered water, natural, from springs and so forth.
    There are no regulations on bottled water, meaning you can bottle water from a puddle in your back yard and sell it if you wanted to.
    I prefer using a filter on my tap water, or if you want bottled personally speaking Ozarka is the only one I'd use.

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    does tap or spring water contain sodium?.........which water helps get rid of sodium and do any of these water make u retain water?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Honestly xzoomzx, unless you are in a shitty neighborhood and your tap water tast like crap - drink it. Otherwise get a good bottled water. The minerals you get in it are good for you. Like the city and drinking water companies adding flouride to reduce dental problems.

The salt is low, just drink a lot of water and your body will have less chance of wanting to store it. Plus, salt is an electrolite, if you are training hard - you're body requires more than someone who is sedentary. If you are precontest, then the distilled water (which is just H20) trick maybe appropriate - where cosmetics are more important than performance.

Thread Information