cyberdude is offline New Member

been taking creatine but havent noticed anythink???

hi guys,

ive been taking 5g creatine with my weight gain shake evry morning,

been taking it for around 5days now but havent noticed anythink???

is this normal? or too soon?

also what should i be noticing more taking creatine?

thanx

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Its going to take alot longer then 5 days. It could me a month or two or even longer before you start noticing gains. I would take 10gs of creatine. What kind are you taking, and do you have a good diet going also?

im taking hplc pure creatine monohydrate

im taking 5g because someone said your body can only absorb 5g daily and anythik over that is too much for your kidneys to process and dangerious

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    5g per day is fine. Some evidence shows you will have more Creatine stored in 30 days than if you were to load it.

But you should wash it down with an insulin spike, like a sports drink or fruit juice. Insulin helps to shuttle it to your muslce. Drink lots of water too - it needs to attach to water, Creatine MONOHYDRATE.

If your weight gain shake has fat in it, that won't help the insulin spike. Better to take it seperatly with juice then 15 minutes later take your shake.

Some don't respond to Creatine sups - a very small percntage that do respond when they take some extra steps: Make sure you take with a transport - if avoiding sugars, than take it post workout to transport the Creatine and stop catabolism. You could also consider mixing it with Alka Seltzer to improve absorbtion by neutralizing the stomach PH. For example, AlkaSeltzer/Creatine and 8 oz of water followed by 8 oz of Gatorade.

But give it time - it takes 30 days to fully saturate. The only way it would be effective after a week is if you loaded it. But in the end you save money and possibly have improved Creatine stores compared to people who do load.

Steele is offline Member
    wash it down with some carbs or simple sugar. I seriously suggest loading it. I have seen no evidence of any ill sideffect from creatine use. just keep getting fluids in you and swell. it took me 6 days to put on 7 lbs. from loading creatine, and my reps went up 3 with the original weight. no shit.

thanx warrior,and thanx steele

i thought it would of been ok to take it with my weight gainer shake as its a 1500 calorie shake and has 200g of carb,s in it.

and concidering ive already been on it for a week, is it too late to start loading? concidering ive been useing 5g per day already?

No it's not too late. Most people that use the loading approach will usually reload every few months anyway...

If you load with a good transport, you will see results in a week.

will my 1500 calorie shake and has 200g of carb,s in it.

be an ok loader for the creatine??

i could add some sugar to it as well if that would be better??

also how many grams of creatine should i take for loading??
    Last edited by cyberdude; 12-15-2002 at 11:30 PM.

Brah, you need to understand how to manipulate insulin and this would take a long thread. So take it like I said. Seperate from the BIG CAL drink. Basically... I am assuming this 1500 calorie drink has some Fat or Guar Gum to it that may buffer the insulin release... so take it with a sports drink before the weight gainer drink and during the day.

To load take 20 grams for 5 days. Spread out or simply 10 grams in the morning and 10 grams post workout.

thanx warrior mate,

i was readingmy other thread about creatine and noticed you said,

"20grams is too much - you would piss out at keast 10 grams in the form of Creatinine that can be harmfull to your kidneys. You should supplement with 5 grams per day - no more than 8-10."
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=39025
    well was you just kidding? or serious?

sorry to be such a idiot but i dont want to damage my kidneys,

I was serious...

Creatine today is sooo much cheaper than it was. I remember when 100 grams would send you back like you were buying crack. 100 grams was like $80! But today you can get 500 grams for that much - with containers as large as a Kilo! Sooo, people tend to over use it.

20 grams per day is good as a loading technique. As far as a maintenance dose, 5 grams is all you need. Since it takes about 30 days to fully saturate your muscles with Creatine at a mantenance only dose - you would still be in the clear to begin a loading dose since you have only been taking it about a week.

Thread Information