tryintogetswoll is offline New Member

Talking maybe an impossible question

my roomate and I were talkin about eatin a lot of protein after a workout or whenever and we both asked the question ...how much protein can the body absorb on one sitting??....n e body have a clue?...can eating too much at a time be a waste?

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Eating too much at once CAN be a waste as there is only a certain amount of protein the body can absorb in one sitting...now...

What that number is gets debated a lot...

tryintogetswoll is offline New Member
    thanks....i was starting to think that when i notcied a trail in my TILE to the bathroom the otherday..

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Eating to much protein will be a waste. Your body is only capable of processing 10g per hour of protein. So, when you eat every 3 hours like most of us, you will process 30 g of protein per meal. BUT, not all the protein is processed out of the food. Only some Protein powders have 99% conversion ratio. All different foods have different ratios that can be converted. So you should intake around 45-50g of protein per meal. (I’m not sure if I explain that clearly) If you want to be really specific with this, then look for foods protein conversion chart.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i've always heard that you should eat around 40-50 g every three hours, like GPL said

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Well i eat 50-60g every 2.5 hours. Works for me.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    And remember folks, drink plenty of water when getting like 400 grams of protien a day. Your kidneys will thank you.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Also eat lots of fiber, that way you won't sound like

your squatting 1000lbs the next time your in the can!

Big Cat is offline New Member
    The amount of protein absorbed in a single sitting is dependent on too many factors to determine. The type of protein (fast-acting, long acting ?), the body in question (high metabolism ?), the time of day (Morning, noon, evening ?), the time from last sitting (1 hour ?), post-workout or not, consumed with carbs or not, consumed with fats or not and several other circumstances (use of illegal anabolics ?). The rate of protein absorbed in One sitting can therefor range from 25 grams to 150 grams.

Thread Information