xenithon is offline Member

Question Glutaminic Acid vs. Glutamine?

Hi there,

I would just like to know if and what differences there are between pure glutamine powder and glutaminic acid. This is because the protein which I am using has a breakdown of its amino acid profile, and per 100g it has about 20g of glutaminic acid. I am taking glutamine pure anyway but i just wanted to find out if there are any differences.

thanks!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator

Thumbs up Keep taking the powder glutamine!!

I do not know for sure, but obviously, no one else does either, because nobody has answered. So, I'll try my best.

I have read articles on this, and it said that Glutamic acid has not near the same qualities as glutamine. So when a bar, or powder says 10mg or 1,000,000mg of glutamic acid...don't think you're getting pure L-Glutamine or Glutamine Peptides....sorry i couldn't do any better....but i tried..

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Stick to the powder. It definitely works for me!

Medicine Man is offline Associate Member
    glutamic acid is NOT the same thing as glutamine. Glutamic acid is an ACID (therefore it has a carboxyl group at its terminal). Glutamine however has an amino group (amine) at the end of its terminal. so what does this mean for the cell? Well, many things but what is important to know is that glutamine is essential to muscle synthesis. during times of intense exercise (ie working out), you body calls upon your glycogen stores in your muscles to break down for energy - this requires the amino acids glutamine, valine, isoleucine, glycine (ie the BCAAS).... when these are depleated your muscles get tired and you need to rebuild these amino acid stores in your muscles in order for them to grow. therefore, taking glut and BCAAs is essential for growth (now you can get these from food as well).
    glutamic acid an amino acid that has very distinct properties. however, many believe it plays a major role in synthesis as well. conclusion: take GLUTAMINE for muscle growth!
    MM

Thread Information