Crotchrocket is offline New Member

Question when do you use this stuff

I just ordered creatine for the first time and was wondering if your supposed to take it before your workout or after.

I'm also using glutamine which i take before a workout and whey protein shake that i drink twice a day. Am I doing this right? I'm pretty new to this.

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    I've been using 5-10g of creatine/day right after my evening workout. I take it with a carbohydrate drink (i.e. grape juice) for best absorption. I take (2) 4.5 servings of glutamine/day...Once in the morning and once in the evening. As far as my protein shakes are concerned, I'm with you... I drink two whey shakes/day of about 50 g each. I do, however, eat an additional 175-200 g of protein from lean meat sources.
    This supplementation has worked great for me. I'm about 194 lbs, 6'1, and about 9% bf. What are your goals...strength? mass? cutting?

i'm 5'7 150 lbs and have been stuck @that weight for awhile. My goal is to be @ 170 lbs(all muscle of course . Strength and Mass for now. I have a really fast metabolism so I've always had a problem maintaining or gaining weight.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Try taking 5grams before and 5 grams after your workouts.

Crotchrocket...
    I had the same problem myself. I was 165 lbs. & about 6.5% bodyfat for about 2 years. It seemed that no matter how hard I trained, I just couldn't gain. Things changed, though, when I began to change my diet. I eat and eat and eat like I never did before. It seems like I am eating all of the time. I try to balance my intake accordingly (proteins, carbs, fats) but put an emphasis on protein intake. Basically, I eat lean meats like there is no tomorrow. I'd recommend that at your weight of 150 lbs, you should be eating 175-200 g of protein/day. Also, I agree with Big Texan in creatine before and after workouts. Make sure, though, that you drink plenty of water...
    -zzo

thanks for the help zz and big t. I will take 5gm before and after workouts. I also read that when you first take creatine you should load up for a week.

do you use creatine and glutimine on the days you don't work out as well? Right now I work out 3 days a week and use glutimine and whey once a day everyday. Do I need to do that?

willpharmd is offline Junior Member
    Yes, u should take creatine and glutamine EVERY DAY. On my days off from the gym i take my creatine in the morning and another dose in the evening. Good luck with your gains.

Crotchrocket...
    The loading phase of creatine simply quickens the time that it takes to "saturate" your system. In theory, it isn't necessary to load, it will just take longer to see the results. I would recommended, then, going through an initial loading phase of approx. 20g/day everyday. (5g each serving 4 times/day). Also, as willpharmd said, take both supps on your off days as well. Good luck bro...

Also...see this link. I hope it works.
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=41527

great info i will cycle the creatine. thanx everyone. do you need to cycle the glutamine also?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    No you don't have to cycle the glutamine.....just get on it and stay on it.

thanks everyone

Decoder is offline Banned
    Well your body can only take in 8-10 grams of in a day. Studies show that best results come from splitting that up 2-3 times threw out the day. Also may i remmind you guys that Creatine is a MUSCLE CELL VOLUMIZER. Wich means water retention your just gaining water weight AND the loading phase is bullshit! since your body can only take 8-10 grams in one day, why do you need to load LOL, many companys say that so you use it up fast and buy more $$$ don't do the gay loading phase. One more note creatine can cause liver damage, im never touching that dirty shit agian, i meet 3 people while i was in the hospital last month for liver damage directly related. It WILL dry out your liver when you cycle off of it, i dont recomend more than 2-3 cycles of it in one year. Personally i think sucks.

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=42280 read that post ZZ before you recomend 2grams per pound of body weight.
    Last edited by Decoder; 01-25-2003 at 06:11 PM.

Thread Information