Veritas is offline New Member

Cell-Tech/Insulin Spikes.....

Ok, while Cell-Tech is over priced and over hyped, I still did some research on it. While is it both of those, it does seem to work well for people. Word from the science minded think that it works well due to the large ammount of dextrose which causes an insulin spike and it hitched a ride to the muscles. Sounds like a good idea…..

Now, what has me concerned is the spikes. I know most have heard that insulin spikes are kind of bad for the heart. Also, that high blood sugar levels can lead to blood clotting.

So, anyone have oppinions on this? Is the ammount of dextrose similar to drinking a soda? Just how dangerous is this?

Thanks guys!

yellows2k is offline Member
    Its effective and you need these insulin especially in the AM when you wake up and post workout. The reason why most experienced lifters don't use cell tech is because you can make homemade version of "cell tech" for much cheaper. I think cell tech 32 servings is like 60 bucks. you can buy dextrose, ALA, creatine and flavoring 60 servings. Insulin spikes are bad if you don't need it like at night or during the day when you aren't doing anything. Soda has no benefits and I believe fructose is the main sugar in it, correct me if I am wrong.

So you only need sugar right when you wake up to replenish low glycogen levels from your body being catabolic after a night's rest and post workout for the same reason.

Veritas is offline New Member
    Thanks for the reply. I know most of that (cept the ALA) but my question was more about adverse effects on the heart and blood sugars by constantly spiking with that much dextrose every single day.

My father has heart disease and I need to be carefull for down the line.

Thread Information