Tedmax195 is offline Member

Question should i use any and what

Just wondering i'm in the process of trying to lose weight and get lean using the body for life program doing 20 min of cardio at least 4 times a day first thing in the morning and using stacker 2. should i be taking supplements like creatine if so which ones do you recomend. i tried taking protein powders like whey protein but they turned out being too expensive, having to take them 2-3 times a day, and i was pissing out my a hole which wasn' too exciting and comfortable to say the least but i have an open mind and open to any advice.

Kongo is offline New Member
    I've always been told if you have enough protein in your body you shit balls like a rabbit...least I do.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    hey Kongo ... that may be true if your not getting enough fiber ....

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Fit for life

Tedmax195,
    What is your present diet like now? If you are or were taking in 2 to 3 protien shakes a day on top of regular meals, you were ingestiong WAY to much protien to lose weight. Excess protien without sufficent cardio can be turned into fat. I have read the book that you are talking about and they have some valid principles on weight loss. You can take creatine if you choose although if I were on a cutting type diet I would leave the creatine alone. ( Or at least limit my intake somewhat) Go to your nearest store and pick up some glutamine. It will aid in helping you keep alot of your lean muscle mass that you presently have. Be careful as to not take any type of thermogenics to late in the day as they will keep you up all night long. I see that you did not include your present diet, or any type of cardio or workout routine. All of these are just as important in maintaing a good physique however none more important than your diet. You really need to keep a well balnced diet throuhgout the day and the problems that you are expirenceing should dissappear. Other products such as a good whey protien can be great sources of protien but I would not use them in place of a meal but in conjuction with them. If you choose to use creatine do not go overbard with it. To much water rentention can lead to a bloatness type effect and although it may not be all THAT noticeable you can offset this considerablly just by reducing the amount ingested.
    Tobey

Dieselpower is offline Member

Thumbs up

5:30am - get up stacker 2 pill cardio for 20 minutes running on treadmill.
    6:30am - 4-5 oz of oatmeal with 1-2 oz of fat free milk and 2 pieces of whole wheat toast
    10:00am - 2 pieces of fruit
    12:00pm - stacker 2 pill sandwich of whole wheat bread, chicken with mustard lettuce and maybe cheese with a small bowl of low fat soup like chicken broth no cream soups at all.
    3:00pm - 1 piece of fruit all through day up till now i have had at least 1.5 liters of water.
    5:00pm - stacker 2 pill supper like chicken breast and salad and baked potato always something low fat.
    8:00 - 9:00- workout , 1 min rest in between sets just like workouts descibed in body for life.at this point i have had 3 liters of water and thats all.
    go to bed at 10:30pm.
    i do this monday to friday i workout only on mon, wed, fri, i do cardio at least 4 times during the week and at least once during the weekend.
    Post what you think, i always like to hear what other people have for ideas

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    What is your hieght, weight and workout exp. Looks good, you throw in 2-3 shakes in a day too.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    I'll try just putting some whey protein shakes but when should i take them could you give some timelines like every 2-3 hours, would that be too many calories considering what i want to accomplish which is lean muscle mass.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Tedmax195,
    Yeah you are right to question that. To much protien will be converted into fat but how much is to much? Diets are a tricky thing and what may work for one may not work for another. The only way to know where you fall is to figure up your caloric intake along with your training intensities to be sure. If you are not to crazy about math you can just experimentaround until you find your "nich" although this could take some time. I have made several post on how to do this in the workout section. Pop over and take a look, If you have any problems pm me and I'll try to clear it up for ya.
    IC

Thread Information