popa is offline Senior Member

protien drink while traning (flex mag)

I got this from this months flex mag:

Q: Recently, I saw you downing a protien drink while you were training. Do you reconmend this?

A: Even before you finish your workout, you haave created a catabolic envionment. I always emphisize a postworkout drink of simple carb and whey protien to help start the recovery and groth process, but you can begin the recovery process earlier by consumming a "workout drink".
    For your own workout drink, I reconmendthat you use 1 liter of liquid, 20g of whey protien, 6g branch-chain ammino acids, 10g of glutamine, 3g of creatine and about 60g of sugas. You can use gatorade, dexrose, maltodextrin and water to make up the liquid and sugars. Use alot of fluids in the mixture so that it's highly diluted-if you use a small amount of liquid, you're asking for gastrointestinal disturbance.
    I take a few sips of my drink after every set in my workout, makeing sure to finish it buy the time I reach the midway point of my worout. I notice that it gives me tremendous that dissipates much more slowly then when I don't have a drink. I've reconmended a workout drink to many other competitive bodybuilders who train my gym and every one of them gets the same incredible results.
    The logic behind it is simple. You can helpm your body becomeing catabolic by suppling it with all the necesary nutrients at the same time when it needs it the most-during intence workout. The drink provides fuel tthat helps maintain glucose consentrations and considerably reduces glycogen deplention. At the same time, you increase blood flow and insulin levels. The result is enhanceed uptakes of amino acids, glucose and creatine by your muscles.
    I encourage all dedicated bodybuilders to try this workout drink. Start with smaller portions of each ingredents and progressively increase the amounts accordingly to your spacific goals or the demand of your workouts. After training, down a standerd postworkout drink of 50g of protein and50g of carbs.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU GOING TO TRY IT....I AM

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Thats why I'll usually eat something before I go workout or have a shake right before hand. Besides you should'nt be at the gym all damn day like the pros usually are. 1 hour and out. You should be ok untill after your workout.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i agree one hundren percent with the texan
    a premeal workout is all you need
    your not like those pros who spend endless hours in the gym

Thread Information