liftordie is offline New Member

lose 13 pounds in 2 days???Is it possible??

I have to lose weight for wrestling. I weigh 140 and need to get to 127 i 2 days. Is there anything I could take to make me lose weight at a rapid pace? Water pills, laxitives, anything else??? Give me brand tips as well.
    Thanks
    Pike

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are thinking about losing that much weight in that little time it is going to have to be water. I have never done this so I can't help you but I will bump this for you. I have seen many boxers running with rubber sweat suits on to try to sweat out a lot of water before the day of a weigh in. BTW, I don't think this is a very healthy thing to do.

Pain

Veritas is offline New Member
    Here is the healthiest way to do this:

1. Heat iron up on highest setting
    2. Lop off left arm
    3. Place iron on bloody stump
    4. When it stops sizzling, your done.

Seriously dude, it’s not safe. I have heard that a heavyweight boxer can lose 8lbs of water in one long bout, but that’s crazy fast. Keep in mind, you’re gonna shock the hell out of your body losing that much water that fast. Not to mention I would imagine that your body is going to want to replace it as soon as it can.

Just do it in a few weeks and safely.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    use preparation H, grease it on your whole body then wrap it with cling wrap, this pulls the water out of your fat cells, go running for a lil bit then hit the sauna with all this crap on, my friend lost 10 or so in one day for a wrestling meet, by just rubber suiting it and going in the sauna of like and hour or 2
    peace dude

br808 is offline New Member
    ^^^^^ that sounds like a type of sick torture to me. It also sounds like a quick way to go to the hospital from serious dehydration.

WS6_KID is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by skiboy
    use preparation H, grease it on your whole body then wrap it with cling wrap, this pulls the water out of your fat cells, go running for a lil bit then hit the sauna with all this crap on, my friend lost 10 or so in one day for a wrestling meet, by just rubber suiting it and going in the sauna of like and hour or 2
    peace dude

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Brings me back to the days of high school powerlifting meets!!! AAahhh yes, the starvation, the sweat suits, the endless running the night before a meet. All to pig out just minutes after weigh in!!LOL Seriously bro, 13 lbs in a couple of days is alot, I pulled off like 6lbs in a day and a half one time. I could tell you but guessing you're a young 'en and most likely in high school, I don't think I'd be able to sleep if by following any advice I were to give and you wind up hurt. Sorry.

Animal 03 is offline New Member
    dude put that rubber suit on and run like its going out of style and dont eat or drink anything....if you have to take some laxatives. I have lost that much weight in 2 days but its not safe.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Animal 03
    dude put that rubber suit on and run like its going out of style and dont eat or drink anything....if you have to take some laxatives. I have lost that much weight in 2 days but its not safe.
    Yeah and that's how these nieve high school wrestlers have died doing stupid shit like this!!!!! I to had done stuff like this in school to make my weight class in powerlifting, thank god the worst thing that ever happened to me was a 2 week stay in the hospital. Anyone ever gives my kids advice to do that is going to get these idiotic ideas slapped outta their head by my size 13 boot!

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    be careful man... it can be done but its dangerous. being dehydrated isn't very fun, and you can even suffer from heat stroke if you're gonna sit in the suna with that shit on... remember corey stringer? he was a lineman in the nfl died of heat stoke cuz he was dehydrated and practicing. BE CAREFUL!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i can lose up to 20 lbs in a day, but its always water.

It took you time to put it on, and its going to take you time to take it off.

There are no quick fat loss tips here. Comes down to hard work and a good diet.

dont wrap yourself in plastic, eat a bunch of laxitives or any of that other crazy stuff.

you can safely lose 2-3 lbs a week and plan to keep it off. i sugget not waiting untl the last minuite to do things. just makes things harder in life.

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    Just cut your head off---you're not using it anyway. That should be 13 pounds or so.

Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    i can lose up to 20 lbs in a day, but its always water.

It took you time to put it on, and its going to take you time to take it off.

There are no quick fat loss tips here. Comes down to hard work and a good diet.

dont wrap yourself in plastic, eat a bunch of laxitives or any of that other crazy stuff.

you can safely lose 2-3 lbs a week and plan to keep it off. i sugget not waiting untl the last minuite to do things. just makes things harder in life.

Yes, Buddha, the middle path is the correct way, just like Siddartha Gautama

SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by SwoleDiesel662
    Just cut your head off---you're not using it anyway. That should be 13 pounds or so.

hehe, that's classic

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    If you lose 13 pounds in 2 days you'll be a useless piece of skin during your wrestling match. Like the others said, dehydration is the only way you could accomplish that.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Amputate a foot.

jssmc is offline Associate Member
    Better get the bottles of pedialyte ready! I am a wrestler too. It is fun to gourge during the week but then it sure makes that day or two before weigh-ins tough. Do it right bro! Take the weight down steadily and then keep it at a reasonable level so you can ream a little water out, hit the scale, rehydrate, and hit the mat feeling good! Too many wrestlers have died by doing it the wrong way and cutting too much too fast! We had a kid do that this when he was all strung out on Xenadrine. Heart rate went through the roof, hands and feet swelled up, and needless to say he spent the day in the hospital.
    Be safe,
    Jssmc

What is it with wrestlers? Remember the wrestler from Michigan that died, and initially creatine was blamed? Turns out the guy was in a sauna on a stationary bike wearing a rubber suit for like 45 minutes. Ya, and creatine did it, right. What are these people thinking? If I had a son who wanted to wrestle, I would have his ass in the gym getting stronger and bigger, so that he's moving up weight classes while all the other depleted kids are trying to lose weight and lose strength. I realize that strength isn't everything in wrestling, but if two guys had equal technique, the stronger one would win. Plus, because of his diet, he'd have much more energy and endurance. I discussed this with an expert personal trainer who trains pro athletes & such. A kids father asked him to train his son for wrestling. Well, the guy put the kid on a good diet & an appropriate strength training routine and in a small amount of time, he was destroying the other kids to the point that the coach & parents accused the kid of taking steroids ! He obviously wasn't taking them and the dUMBfounded coach had to apoligize when the trainer proved him otherwise.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I think whatever it takes to win a match I am a wrestler also and there is no better feeling than winnning and making it to state I have lost 13lbs in two day my freshman year in highschool I was at 125lbs and went to 112 with already almost no body fat I mad it and kept it off and was winning my matches so I would say yes you can do it I used plastics with sweats and went in the sauna and would wake up at 3 in the morning to do this I had enough skill to win my matches and keep winning but I got cramps very easly and I was in a bad mood all the time and never wanted to do anything but i loved the sport and would do anything for it to make a weight its not the best way to go but hey its what you got to do to win but after about 2 years of doing it I started to get into weight lifting and I would say its the best thing I ever got into and you still can gain strength and muscle size but you might have to give up a weight class or to so I would say sauna early in the morning with 2 t-shirts a non hooded sweatshirt and a hooded sweat shirt after about 30min on the tread plus practice and youll be fine

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    about the laxitifs dont you wont shit that day because there is nothing in your body but the next day when you weigh in its not a good thing you will be in the shitter all day untill your match even then you got to watch it and if feels like a fart dont you might shit I didnt shit my self but came close lol

smart move, hope the guy doesn't die

longhornDr is offline Member
    Consult a surgeon, we can make you lose a significant amount of weight in a matter of minutes, though alot of it will be from your wallet.

demetri is offline Member

Re: lose 13 pounds in 2 days???Is it possible??

Originally posted by liftordie
    I have to lose weight for wrestling. I weigh 140 and need to get to 127 i 2 days. Is there anything I could take to make me lose weight at a rapid pace? Water pills, laxitives, anything else??? Give me brand tips as well.
    Thanks
    Pike
    Only on the Hollywood diet.

Seriously though. You can't drop that much fat in 2 days. Dropping a pound of fat a week is good progress, especially when you’re already at a light body weight (the big fatties around here can drop 20 lbs off their ass and you wouldn't notice).

The only way to drop that kind of weight in 2 days (I realize that we are now too late to help you) is to drop water. To shed the water off and still be able to wrestle you need to start at least 5 days out. 7 days is better, sorry dude but there is no way that you could make it and be able to win a match.

7 days out you should be drinking about 6 to 8 litres of water a day (the more you drink the less you hold), cut it down to nothing about 24 hours from your weigh in. You'll just keep pissing and pissing. If you really want to drop water you'll need a fast acting diuretic, but something mild and stay far away from lasics, you'll only be in condition for sitting on the bench if you do.

I also don't advice herbal diuretics. They'll keep working after your weigh in and hamper your re-hydration.

Once you weigh in you'll need to re-hydrate. Gator aid, pedia light, doughnuts.... mmm doughnuts.

Realistically you should plan better and only put yourself in a situation where you only need to drop 5 lbs of water. This way you can make it down a class, kick ass, and feel great.

I've done the sauna, prep h, and saran wrap. All that does is make you feel craptastic.

demetri is offline Member
    Oh ya, I forgot, boxers swear by enemas. Seriously you could loose up to 5 lbs of shit.

And remeber, if you do try this, and get nearly there, a testicle could make the differnce.

You only need one right?

Thread Information