fred montoya is offline New Member

peak performance

I am a very competitive endurance athlete. I have competed in the ironman world championships 4 times, but never to my full potential. I am in my early 30's, and I feel I need help recovering from workouts. I am interested in obtaining something that would not put bulky muscle on me, but would help with recovery and strength. My body fat is currently @7-8.5%. I have tried hydroxycut, but felt I compromised my strength for weight loss. Currently I am 6'2" and @ 170. Does someone know what I should take to get me to the next level? I live close to the border, or are there any good alternitives?? Thanks

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    If your looking for just recovery, try looking at your diet. I know I recover faster with creatine, but you will hold some water while on it.

creatine makes me cramp. I do train hard, I want to know of a performance enhancer for endurance. Does anyone know of any that will work?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    If you're cramping while on creatine, you're not drinking enough water. I guess what you're after is an ephedrine product. Are you looking for an OTC product or something else?

something else, but I dont know much about it, other than the fact that a lot of other athletesin this sport get busted for nandrolone . I want to get leaner, but not jeoperdize strength...I am a very strong cyclist..

maximized is offline Junior Member
    Are you wanting supplements or juice? Im assuming supplements since you get tested but with your "close to the border" comment, im not sure. First off, creatine would do you no good for endurance type workouts.

reference: http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/creatine.html

but if in an off part of the season or maybe when you have a month or so between races, you could use creatine while lifting to try and get stronger, then off before the race. as far as endurance supplements, I dont know much about. I was training for something similar and running a lot. I tried some ephedra drinks before my runs and found that it hindered me. causing my mouth to dry up very fast and just an overall bad feeling. That is just my experience. If it was me, I would try a drink or ephedra sup for a week training and see what happens and if you want to do it for a race. If you want to look at going down the 'dark side', go to the anabolic board and ask the same question so we dont 'cross board talk' for people here that dont want juice info.

have a good one.

max

I will post the question in another area. How would taking the supp. equi-bolon to help me recover, but not to put on mass. Getting leaner I dont mind, but putting on mass is not an option. The supp. is available on the A.R. web site under legal alternatives.

wimp is offline Associate Member
    endurox will help with recovery

Thread Information