Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cdog is offline Associate Member

Has anybody gained anything from creatine?

Sup bra's Has any body made gains from creatine and if so are you taking in more than what it tells you to take?Can you take more and with out problems or are you taking creatine for recovery.
    Thanks

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Creatine doesn't seem to work for me, I don't get anystrength or even hold any extra water, I have tried every method for taking it!! Glutimine on the other hand works wonders for me. Some people's bodies just react differently to stuff.

Pain

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Like pain said, everybody's different so you have to try it out yourself.
    Personally I think creatine is phenomenal. It works wonders for me.
    I've just jumped on the Glutamine band wagon too, so I'll have to see how that one goes

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Noticed some difference in strength from taking 5 grams prior to training. Love the full muscle effect from creatine but hate holding the extra water...I guess it's a trade-off.

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    I agree with those who find some benefit in Creatine; great stuff. I take the usual 5 mg per day (never bothered with the loading phase), and I do see a benefit.

I know people say that they have a hard time digesting creatine, and that you should have an off period every now and again, but I used it for about 12 months non-stop with no problems. I did drop it for about 3 months just before Xmas, and I noticed a slight and temporary decrease in size, endurance and strength. By starting Creatine again a month ago, I've moved up a gear on all counts, so maybe there is benefit in staggering it use.

Tie

Word bros thanks .I dont think that I have gave it a fair chance in the past so Iam going to start .

RealMenBench is offline Junior Member
    I've just recently found creatine to work for me .... I'd tried em all, plain jane german creatine, Phosphagain, you name it ....

Cell-Tech is the only creatine I have found that has worked, and it has worked wonderfully .... I do find though that it is even better when I take Glutamine coincidely ....

fitsimmons is offline New Member
    i lost strength on creatine

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I just spilled my thoughts on this in another thread - so I'll cut and paste under this one, which is a bit more on topic...

I was around for the introductory Creatine phase - when it was new to the market and more expensive than Cocaine. Everyone was making great progress and price was no isssue. People didn't need gear - Creatine in some grape juice cause plenty of weight gain and strength increases... with NO effect on HPTA or any endogenous hormone levels.

Then the price dropped and the craze died. And now Generation Y hardly sees how potent the shit is - being Generation X, I know that Creatine was the best thing to hit natural bodybuilding since Whey protein was first isolated...

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    creatine worked great for me I recomend a ceatine and glutimine stack

Thanks bros been looking into liquid creatine and have already started with the powder

Liquid Creatine is garbage. Creatine is too unstable for that idea. Get a good dry form and mix it yourself.

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    Try taking EAS Phosphogen HP with Eas Cytovol. guarenteed results!

Decoder is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Keightly
    Try taking<a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=brand&value= EAS " target="_blank">EAS</a> Phosphogen HP with Eas Cytovol. guarenteed results!
    That stuff is a rip off and works like every other creatine.

Ive got the eas brand now .I was thinking liquid becouse Iwas told that you wouldent be loading with this stuff .Has anybody tryied a kind that is like alkaseltzer ?I quess you drop it in and it fizzes than you drink?

Originally posted by cdog
    Ive got the eas brand now .I was thinking liquid becouse Iwas told that you wouldent be loading with this stuff .Has anybody tryied a kind that is like alkaseltzer ?I quess you drop it in and it fizzes than you drink?
    There is a 10 percent of the population that does not react to Creatine. Taking it in a effervecent form with Sodium Bicarbonate has been shown to be effective in thet 10 percent. It neutralizes the stomach acids for better absorbtion of the Creatine.

My advice - get a good deal on some powder and just pop an alka seltzer in with it... much cheaper. I have seen those Effervecent Creatines run big bucks for a box that supplied very little in supplemental Creatine. So a budget way to do it is make it yourself.

You don't have to load Creatine. In fact, some studies say that after 30 days your body holds more Creatine if you don't load.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Warrior

There is a 10 percent of the population that does not react to Creatine. Taking it in a effervecent form with Sodium Bicarbonate has been shown to be effective in thet 10 percent. It neutralizes the stomach acids for better absorbtion of the Creatine.

My advice - get a good deal on some powder and just pop an alka seltzer in with it... much cheaper. I have seen those Effervecent Creatines run big bucks for a box that supplied very little in supplemental Creatine. So a budget way to do it is make it yourself.

You don't have to load Creatine. In fact, some studies say that after 30 days your body holds more Creatine if you don't load.
    I might have to try this, I never tried this method because I was fed up with creatine by the time it came out.

Pain

Thanks warrior hey by the way how much are you takin in a day?More than 5 grams?

Originally posted by cdog
    Thanks warrior hey by the way how much are you takin in a day?More than 5 grams?
    I am not taking any Creatine right now.

At your weight (225) you should probably take 2, 5 gram serving per day. The thing with how Creatine is sold today is that it is easy to take too much - just remember that when you find yourself with a huge container of it. One scoop of 5 grams is normally a simple teaspoon size - read the label. Don't scoop out a half cup and go crazy on it - not to patronize you, but you'd be surprised...

Creatine MONOHYDRATE requires water for absorbtion. Make sure you increase your water intake.

BTW - I prefer Cell Tech. And I just pop a few alka seltzers before taking it here and there...

Whats the alka seltzers going to do bro?Right now Iam taking in 20grams
    a day ,LOADING started 4days ago and Ihave noticed that I haven't been as sore as I used to be .

horsePOWER is offline New Member
    the alka-seltzer is just another (cheaper) way of getting effervescent creatine.
    i have 2 tubs of twinlab creatine loading fuel. 5g creatine w/ 50g dextrose. i think the dextrose may be a little high because i want to take one serving before and one after workouts now (to use up the twinlab stuff) i think im gonna get a cheap 500g-1000g monohydrate and mix it in with the twinlab loading mix.

i havent tried the alka-seltzer thing, i have tried effervescent creatine. think ill be pickin up some alka-selter just for the hell of it now.

I'll tell ya scince I started taking the <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank">creatine</a> I piss out my a$$ then back to normal (logs)Maybe a little to much info but that stuff gives me the squirts.CDOG:embarrass
    Last edited by cdog; 03-11-2003 at 12:29 AM.

Za_S|ick is offline New Member
    What exactly is alka-seltzer, does anybody has a link or something? I am one of those 10% of the population and I want to try it to see if it makes a difference...
    Thanks.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Creatine can give you the runs, but it will go away once your body adjusts. I personally like creatine. I do notice some strength gains when on but I think it's more of an endurance thing. When I'm off I get tired alot faster. Besides that the extra water I hold when on helps my joints feel a bit better.

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe this is off topic but someone mentioned alkaseltzer...

Does taking alka-seltzer affect the effectivness of the alpha lipolic acid in Cell Tech?

Does high acidity in the stomach alter the creatine at all?

Just pondering...

Peace

Alka Seltzer is simply a way to get soduim bicarbonate. Bicarbonate is a blood buffer. A bodybuilder lifestyle of heavy caloric intake and intense excercise increases stomach acidity - as well as any stress, mental and physical.

But true bicarbonate loading (for performance reasons vs nutrient uptake in the stomach) to reduce lactic acid build up from excercise is accomplished at a recommended dose of 100mg per pound of LBM. If you hold 150lbs of lean body mass - this would require about 15,000 miligrams to do a bicarbonate load. If you go the Alka Seltzer route that would be about 7-8 tabs... which because of the asprin content... it would probably be better to allow a glass of Baking Soda to sit a long time and dissolve to avoid too much asprin. Just like AAS - the exact dose would be more individual - you are taking too much of you notice nausea, diarrhea or cramps.

But regarding Creatine, if the PH levels in your blood are too high - the absorbtion capability of your stomach drops. Limiting creatine uptake and proper absorbtion of other things like amino acids form protein sources. So the idea on using sodium bicarbonate is to lower the stomach PH too create a less acidic environment in the stomach so nutrients are better absorbed... in this case, so less creatine is broken down before getting into the blood stream.

The cheapest way to use sodium bocarbonate is simply a box of Baking Soda - the cheapest supplement you'll ever find. However, the problem with baking soda is that it takes awhile to absorb in water. And swallowing a clump of baking soda can cause stomach problems. Alka Seltzer's fully dissolve in water with the effervecent action. Just stay away from the "maximum strength" versions that give you no more sodium bicarbonate then the regular version - the difference being more asprin... and you don't need more of that ingredient... in fact if you can find alka seltzer without asprin, you would be better off.

A few studies have shown that taking sodium bicarbonate with Creatine will increase uptake and help nonresponders. Same with some of the ingredients in something like Cell Tech. So taking Cell Tech right after an Alka Seltzer would be taking advantage of two ways to increase creatine uptake... and at the same time control blood lactate levels.

Baking Soda - the cheapest frickin' sup ever... sometimes effective stuff is just lying around with a 98 cent price tag

Alot of info bro who would of ever of thought alkaseltzer?Or bkeing soda.CDOG

Warrior, you're the man! Thank you very much for the great info and keep it coming!

I've just remember, is it safe to take so much baking soda, I mean won't it give you hypertension or something like that?

Originally posted by Za_S|ick
    I've just remember, is it safe to take so much baking soda, I mean won't it give you hypertension or something like that?
    "But true bicarbonate loading (for performance reasons vs nutrient uptake in the stomach) to reduce lactic acid build up from excercise is accomplished at a recommended dose of 100mg per pound of LBM. If you hold 150lbs of lean body mass - this would require about 15,000 miligrams to do a bicarbonate load. If you go the Alka Seltzer route that would be about 7-8 tabs... which because of the asprin content... it would probably be better to allow a glass of Baking Soda to sit a long time and dissolve to avoid too much asprin. Just like AAS - the exact dose would be more individual - you are taking too much of you notice nausea, diarrhea or cramps."

If your intenstions are to increase absorbtion of Creatine - 2 alka seltzer would be a good dose. But if you wanted to try real bicarbonate loading to control blood lactate levels while training - try the above equation... and take it one hour prior to trianing... you know if you have exceeded your personal dose if you get the above symptoms.

But yes, sodium bicarbonate loading also adds a few thousand miligrams of sodium - so this should also be noted... especially if you have high blood pressure or hypertension. BTW - hard training athletes need sodium - it is an electrolyte required for proper hydration and muscle function, so it should NOT be avoided altogether...

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    I just spilled my thoughts on this in another thread - so I'll cut and paste under this one, which is a bit more on topic...

I was around for the introductory Creatine phase - when it was new to the market and more expensive than Cocaine. Everyone was making great progress and price was no isssue. People didn't need gear - Creatine in some grape juice cause plenty of weight gain and strength increases... with NO effect on HPTA or any endogenous hormone levels.

Then the price dropped and the craze died. And now Generation Y hardly sees how potent the shit is - being Generation X, I know that Creatine was the best thing to hit natural bodybuilding since Whey <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> was first isolated...
    True that...
    Before I even hit the juice it was Creatine and Hot Stuff If there are any old but not that old bros out there, do you guys remember the Hot Stuff.
    A blend of thermos, protein, extra glutamine and some creatine.
    I had awesome growth and still feel these products should be used or at least tried...
    I will say cybergenics was a waste you could have made your own cybergenic formula if knowledgeable.
    My .02
    Although I wouldn't take creatine while on my cycle and mine lasts all year.
    The water retention is not favorable while on for me... that is not to say a pro BBer would not take creatine. Most likely they would. Creatine is a high energy molecule that is stored in your muscles... creatine is one out of three ways your muscles regenerates ATP... the single fuel used to contract your muscles.
    I have enough water and glycogen build up and don’t need an added creatine source to help with an ATP function... but as intense as a pro will train and you must understand that most pros train while on some sort of killer they need to utilize all three regenerating path ways of ATP.
    Direct being creatine phosphate, then glucose from glycogen/ glycolysis in cytosol to ATP, and thirdly from an oxidative process involving fatty acids & Amino acids to create ATP.
    IF you do not train with the intensity to nutrition intake you'll be left with excess water & glycogen, which will most likely will need to be stored.

Point is if your juicing and a hard gainer or high intensity trainer (I mean high, like if you talk to me your f*&king dead, so don’t interrupted) then creatine is not a prob.

If your training intensely and have a good over maintenance diet then maybe you don’t need a secondary source of creatine... meat is enough...well at least for me right now it is....

Originally posted by mmaximus25

True that...
    Before I even hit the juice it was Creatine and Hot Stuff If there are any old but not that old bros out there, do you guys remember the Hot Stuff.
    Do you REALLY remember Hot Stuff? mmaximus - you'll get a kick out of this one brah!

"There have been accusations alluded to by several unrelated sources (who wish to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) that in order for Hot Stuff to "make sure" that its initial release would create a stir, it had to contain an additional ingredient not listed on the can. Something that would leave no doubt of its effectiveness in the user's mind. Something that would bring them back for more. Rumor has it that this "something" was methyltestosterone .

Methyltestosterone is an inexpensive form of orally absorbable testosterone that works quickly and effectively to raise strength and aggression. It's also extremely liver toxic. It would appear to be a good choice as an added ingredient for another reason: it's undetectable in a drug test. The "insiders" theory is that, even if the FDA somehow found out about the drug being used, all of the canisters would already be sold. An inspection of the National Health (makers of Hot Stuff) facility would show no wrongdoing. No evidence has ever been found to substantiate these claims. The rumors seem far-fetched, to say the least, but there was a period when Hot Stuff was pulled from the shelves for reasons that have always been mired in ambiguity. There was a "new and improved" version released shortly thereafter, but anyone familiar with the "first" Hot Stuff will tell you that the new one never quite duplicated the characteristic "kick" of the original."

Article: The History of the Supplement Industry—Part I. By Garrison Kane. \\\\ T-Mag

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member

Do you REALLY remember Hot Stuff? mmaximus - you'll get a kick out of this one brah!

"There have been accusations alluded to by several unrelated sources (who wish to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) that in order for Hot Stuff to "make sure" that its initial release would create a stir, it had to contain an additional ingredient not listed on the can. Something that would leave no doubt of its effectiveness in the user's mind. Something that would bring them back for more. Rumor has it that this "something" was methyltestosterone .

Article: The History of the Supplement Industry—Part I. By Garrison Kane. \\\\ T-Mag
    Holy shit... My dad made me and my brother take Hot Stuff in the 8th and 9th grade. That was 88 or 89 for me... I skimed down to the hot stuff part... Friggin bad ass article bro... I am going to read on... I just wanted to hit you back...
    I wonder if I got the good batch
    you dirty old Vet

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Damn.......I never used the stuff. Kinda wished I would of now!!!

Warrior, thanks again. I was thinking of trying real bicarbonate not only to improve creatine absortion, but also to lower the stomach PH to improve the uptake of nutrients, like you said. I understand that to increase creatine absortion and also to prvent lactic acid build up, I should take bicarbonate one hour before training and creatine after, but to keep the stomach PH low all the time, shouldn't I take the dose through out the day? I was thinking to disolve it in 1-2 lites of water and drink it little by little.... is this a good idea for keeping the PH low and improving the uptake of nutrients from the food that I eat?

Za_S|ick - it is good to take enough bicarbonate to keep blood PH levels buffered... like when you notice some stomach acid build up. How much you need is really a personal thing - and I listed the side effects earlier. Personally I take a few alka seltzer every now and then but have never tried bicarbonate loading... however...

Today I tried a mixture during resistance training and got a terrific response. Recovery between sets was greatly increased and I felt much stronger and more pumped. Not a Deca /Eq type pump - but a more mental pump.

The mix sipped during training:

1 Liter of Water
    2 Alka Seltzers
    5 gm Creatine
    1 gm Taurine
    35 gm Dextrose

Because results were in the first try at it, I am going to keep doing this for a few weeks and see how it effects strength, body composition and keeping off overtraining. I may even up to 3 Alka Seltzers or get some baking soda and increase the bicarbonate that way...

I am also leaning out so I am doing light cardio preworkout to warm up for about 20 mikes - and then begin sipping the mix during resistance training.

You can try this - or whichever, but I would like to hear some feedback, especially if you do a true bicarbonate load as I described above...

Well, I am also trying to loose some weight, I am doing a balanced diet(40/30/30) and the weight comes off very hard, even if I train intense and do 5 times a week cardio, combined with reduction in calories, because I've always had the tendincy of being fat, so I can't try the dextrose combination during training. I don't know yet what method to choose to take the bicarbonate, I am thinking of taking it all one hour before training on training days and through out the day on non traing days. If you really are interested, it would be my pleasure to inform you about the results: cramps and diahreea or enourmous gains?

Veritas is offline New Member
    HotStuff! How can anyone forget that Russian secret formula?! What was it? Ground up bull balls if I remember properly......... eheheheh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information