jmcaldwell92 Guest

Please help the new kid get started off on the right path

Hey

Okay well, I need some help

I've been doing alot of research on certain supplements and what not and I just really need help on what I plan on using and just getting on the right path starting out with muscle gain and losing body fat.

Height: 6'4
    Weight: 230

Okay well Im about to start my training with a mix of cardio/diet/muscle training..

I really don't know where to start. I am torn between starting supplement with my training or starting on a deca 8 week cycle / 8 weeks off / 8 weeks Anabol

I have a really good friend who is a little bit older who used to be ripped and was on steroids . He's alot older than me and I know that If I wanted to start my cycles he could help me out but I really don't know if thats what I want to do.

Honestly, Im not wanting to get absolutly huge but Im a big dude. Im 6'4 have a little bit of stomach fat and im wanting to lose it and gain some muscle deffinition and gain. So this was a plan running throught the back of my head and I wanted to know what you all thought about it. I don't want to use roids long. Just enough to see a difference in my body and for people to look at me and just be like damn he's pretty big. I was thinking about just starting out and using for a little bit but then maintain from there when I get to a size and look that I like but like I said before Ive got some body fat on me as well...

If I don't decide to do the roids im wanting to really focus on dieat and supplement and correct me if Im wrong but this is what supplements I was looking to start out on..

Whey Protein for mornings and post workout drink mixed with Pure Creatine Monohydrate and L-Glutamine

From my understands and correct me if I'm wrong but the L-Glutamine will help me lose wight as with the Creatine which will also give me alittle bit of a deffinition vein look and the protein for muscle repair and to keep me going to help me out. I want to start out right but I don't want to waste my time by doing the wrong thing. So please help me out on this I want to change my body and look alot better than I do now. Thanks, really appreciate you all.

jypoll is offline Member
    if your 18 do NOT use steroids !
    if you just started training, do NOT use steroids !

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    6'4 230lbs at 18 and you want to juice? Oh and you never have worked out before....forgot that part.

Thanks for the laugh.

Get in the gym and eat right for the next 5 years and come back and talk to us. By then you will probably be "only" about 260 or so completely natural.

You won't find much help around here unless you want to talk supplements.

Creatine, Amino Acids, EFA, multi vitamin to start.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Forget steroids and supplements. You need to address your diet and create a novice WO regimen for yourself.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    1. Buy Arnold Schwarzenegger's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding and read it cover to cover. Tons of GREAT information in there...and I mean really, could it come from a better source?

2. Don't listen to guys ("friends") in the gym that want to give you advice.

3. Don't do steroids . Who the hell told you to do a deca only cycle? Smack that person.

4. Come here and read, read, read

5. Last but not least, and really it should be first: discipline. Nothing in this game can be achieved without discipline. This is a lifestyle, not a summer hobby. You will not get results unless you are totally committed.

ironchain is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    1. Buy Arnold Schwarzenegger's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding and read it cover to cover. Tons of GREAT information in there...and I mean really, could it come from a better source?

2. Don't listen to guys ("friends") in the gym that want to give you advice.

3. Don't do steroids . Who the hell told you to do a deca only cycle? Smack that person.

4. Come here and read, read, read

5. Last but not least, and really it should be first: discipline. Nothing in this game can be achieved without discipline. This is a lifestyle, not a summer hobby. You will not get results unless you are totally committed.
    quoted for the truth

jmcaldwell92 Guest
    I appreciate the replys from everyone ( big slick, dont reply you're a smartass and I don't care for it. Thanks bud. )

So I understand what everyone is saying but what about supplement wise..
    Like I said I do have a little bit of body fat and I DO have a WO plan and schedule. I was thinking about starting on
    Whey Protein
    L-Glutamine
    Micronized Creatine Mono

and also with my Equate Multi Vitamin and Fish oil pills.

Im wanting to build muscle as well as lose fat, Im really wanting to tone up.

I do have a plan of working a min. of 20 min of intense cardio before each workout..

This is my game plan so far.
    I'm currently working on getting my diet straight. by cutting out sodas, laying off high carb and high calories ( except for a pre workout meal about 45 - 90 minutes prior to gym time ) and really focusing on getting my morning and post drinks and ive limited my drinking to mostly water.

Im going to start out pushing myself in the gym cardio and weight wise.
    Ill be going to the gym
    Mondays --- Cardio, bicep and tricep
    Wednesday --- Cardio, Chest and Back
    Friday --- Cardio, Legs and abdominals
    Saturday --- Cardio, Cardio, Cardio
    Sunday --- Cardio, Cardio, Cardio

Im still doing alot of research on working with my diet and WO routine. Switching things up to not get my body use to the same stress as well as other things.

So how do I sound as a begginer? Idiot or doing good

Any advice on my current workout schedule?

also..

Diet?
    Example of foods to not be shy of? ( Breakfast,Snack,Lunch,Snack,Dinner )
    also foods to stay away from? ( pizza, hamburgers etc )

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    If you head over to the diet section they'd be more suited to help you get a great diet going for yourself. All the diet guru guys hang out in there.

I'd drop the cardio on the leg day...and you forgot your shoulders.

jmcaldwell92 Guest
    yeah, how can I wourk in shoulders then? Like I said Ive got a mis section problem and so maybe instead of trying to work my abdominals I need to work on losing the weight before gaining the muscle there?

ACTUALLY I was thinking of working in 100 situps on a workout ball so I can get a full extension before I leave the gyms so replave abdominals with shoulders?

( Thanks I went to diet section aswell )

jypoll is offline Member
    you can do shoulders on your arm day or chest/back day, my favourite shoulder exercise is military press

jmcaldwell92 Guest
    so if I am wanting to take supplements what can I take and at what times? I know to take my protein drink right after the gym but should anything else be mixed in with it? and what about when I wake up? should I also take my protein drink then as well?

What should I be taking and when for what I am wanting to accomplish? ( bf loss and muscle gain? )

TrashyTim is offline Junior Member
    Just a small bit of advice from someone new to AAS, I would reccomend reading for at least 8/10months and training your ass off before looking to steroids as a quick fix!! It’s a very complicated procedure and one that should be researched heavily !! Dont listen to anyone but people with knowlage and experiance and you will deffo find that here, good luck !!

I would say train for 4 weeks with just a good diet, plenty of water and rest! You will see great results esp with your age !!
    Last edited by TrashyTim; 09-02-2010 at 06:50 AM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    it looks like you are doing cardio first before your weights.

From what I have seen, many around here prefer to do weights and then cardio----might ask this too...in order to get the most bang for your buck! Welcome!
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 09-02-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling!

dominick2417 is offline Junior Member
    One reason, among many, not to do steroids before lifting for five or so years is because your tendons and ligaments will rip. Steroids helps your muscles get bigger but not your tendons and ligaments. So your biceps grow a half and inch and then rip at the seams. Cardio after lifting and in the morning is more effective than before lifting. If you have a lot of fat to lose you should do about 45min in morning and after lifting. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of threads that answer the supplement questions you are asking.

Thread Information