MysticGohan is offline Junior Member

Protein Absorbtion

I heard that it is only good to take a protein drink after a work out because that is the only time the muscles will absorb all the protein. Sometimes when i don't have time for a meal i drink a protein shake. I also drink one before bed and count the as a meal. Some one told me i will only absorb about 1/3 of the total protein. Is any of this true.

yellows2k is offline Member
    Whey protein is optimal post workout. You can MRP's or blended proteins other times in the day.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    If you are on a cycle, you have increased protein synthesis anyway. Drink protein whenever you can.

-SF

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    It is better to get real food, except after workout, the absorption and digestion will be better, but if you want a shake type meal try to get one with a mixed protein base, like a MRP, with some complex carbs and fat (maybe try some flax in there too) this will help slow the digestion and you will absorb more. IMO whey digests a little too quick to be considered a meal for me, when I bulk I take whey inbetween meals.

Pain

MysticGohan is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice what is this flax you mentioned what does it taste like and where can i find some at.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by MysticGohan
    Thanks for the advice what is this flax you mentioned what does it taste like and where can i find some at.
    It is flax seed oil, it is very high in the omega 3,6,9 fats (the healthy ones). It is a very good supplement IMO. I love it. You can find it anywhere, vitaminshoppe, GNC, most supplement stores, I think my grocary store even has it. Get the oil, it is much stonger, and cheaper. The taste takes alittle getting used to I wont lie.

Pain

Thread Information