little rip is offline New Member

Unhappy GNC- selling expired EAS- BEWARE

I am a loyal EAS fan, and during GOld card days buy my Myoplex light shake cases there each month. I just went to a new GNC (NJ) and when I got home and made the shake it looked funny, I tried it and got sick. when I called EAS's cust. service line and gave them the lot # on the box- they told me that the product was over 5 YEARS EXPIRED.

I called GNC and they said there is no way of them knowing it was expired, my question is 'why was it on sale' and it had to come from a GNC warehouse somewhere...I wrote to and called their cust. service, and they did nothing but apologize and send me a coupon...I have the letter from them

it is STILL on the shelves. BE CAREFUL

I am new to the site, but would love to know if anyone else has had this problem.

The Wedge is offline New Member
    you love EAS!!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What was the lot? My current box from them says it's good till Oct 2004 -42pk Straw/Van/Choc

that is the thing, the box I bought didn't have an expiration on them, thus GNC taking no accountability for the expired product... the newer boxes (like yours) have the dates on them.

but my point remains- someone/people at GNC were fully aware that there were stockrooms FULL of outdated old EAS product that they decided to put on sale and try to get rid of....it is pretty shady to me..

thinking of calling 'Shame on You" on them. people could get sick!

Must be a franchised GNC... but even so you would think the company would have a better watch to keep their name clean... sometimes employees have a "I didn't know attitude" combined with the management's "must sell." I wouldn't buy from that store anymore.

BTW - check Netrition - they have good prices comparable to Gold Card day's and ship right to your door. Never had a problem with them...

Thanks, I actually love Netrition. I am just pretty pissed on being scammed on by such an established store.

BTW- thanks for the info- your progress is great..

n/p - thanks for the

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't worry too much about buying expired protein and what not, that is usually a sell by date, it will stay good for much longer than that, just ask for a extra discount on it or something. I buy a lot of supps that are close to exp day from the vitamin shoppe. They have a clearence rack with stuff and it is 50% off when it is 2 months out and 75% when it is 1 month out. I have never had a problem with any of it, except that I save so much money I don't know what to do with it.
    Pain

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Interesting...
    GNC will do the progressive markdown for their products but not third party products (EAS, etc). When I would go through the shelves, if there wasn't a date on the product, I didn't worry about it. AND We had lots of overstocked Myoplex. Hmmm....

harl is offline Associate Member
    Yah heard gnc was good for that shit changing dates and what not....plus there prices are threw the roof on most stuff.

manillagorilla is offline New Member
    Its not just GNC that pulls that shit every supplement store will miss expired stuff or put it on sale to make something buyer beware.

maximized is offline Junior Member
    Dont worry. I had expired creatine (eas actually). I mean really expired! so i called up eas and asked em straight up. I have this creatine I bought a long time ago and if it goes bad, etc. They told me that even if it had a date on it, it is good like 2 years past that date. so i wouldnt worry.

max

Farmer is offline Member
    I work at a GNC and we check all the products every week and markdown the close-dated products accordingly. Products that are expired are suppose to be thrown out. Personally, I buy up all the products being close to expired. For example, I picked up 5 boxes of Premier "protein-eight" bars last night for $15. Just because the stuff is close to being expired or expired doesn't mean its useless, it just means the manufacturer can no longer guarantee potency. On the discussion of selling expired products, that is f*cked up....the manager of the store must not be looking over the products very carefully.

Peace

Thread Information