C-Bol is offline Junior Member

Over Supplementation???

I take nitro-tech, which offers some vitamins and minerals of course with the protein. Two shakes does much more than provide a day's worth of cetain vitamins, now would mixing this with a multivitamin and a lifter's diet be bad for one's health and actually be toxic. I know too many vitamins can be toxic to the body. Any vitamins in particular i should be careful about taking too much of and are there any recommendations on what to do in this case to be careful.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Zinc is the only vit/min that I look out for.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Pain's right, plus if you're that active you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Xtrastrength is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by painintheazz
    Zinc is the only vit/min that I look out for.

Pain
    Bro, you sure you don't mean iron? Too much iron, over a long period of time, can be toxic to the liver. From what I understand, zinc is fine, even in megadoses like ZMA. But for C-Bol, don't be concerned about getting two many vitamins from Nitro-Tech. There's nowhere near the quantities of vitamins and minerals necessary to damage you.

Nope, do a quick search on Zinc toxicity and you will see a lot of articles stating around 200mg of zinc is really bad. That level isn't to hard to get too if you take ZMA, a multi vit, and then take a bunch of throught lozengers that contain zinc. Some of them contain 15-25mg each. If you read the warnings on some cough drops they say not to take so many in an hour, but no one ever pays that any mind, most pop them like tic tacks. That is why I say look out for zinc. Iron is bad too in the long run. In fact I am pretty sure they will find that mega dosages of any non-water soluable vit, which any excess amount is not urniated out, will cause some type of toxicity. But what you get from your diet, MRP's shakes and what not you will be safe.

Pain

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    If you are really worried about it, buy a multi vit without Iron, Vitamin A and Vitamin D can be also toxic in high amounts, I would say don't even sweat it. That FDA is crap anyway, the standard is set for the average 150 pound person who is sedentary and does not work out. As you know the person who is larger and who is active requires three to four times the Reccomended Daily allowances. Most of the food you eat is minerally deficent, farmer's are trying to make the maximum amount of profit they can on their crops, even in biblical times, farmers knew they should rotate their crop feilds every two years, and they put dung on the soil as a fertilizer to add minerals into the soil that were lost as the plants sucked them up during the last growing season. With high operating costs on the farms, farmers now a days don't have the time money or resources to do what they are suppose to put the minerals back into the soil. Besides farmers do not get paid for the amount of minerals the crops contain or the food value of their crops, they get paid for tons and bushells. Get the picture now, they did not teach you this in health class, I will still estimate that with the multi vits you are taking now and the extra vits in your shake you are still mineral deficient. If you need a good tape to listen to get, Dead Doctor's Don't Lie, by doctor Joel Wallach, excellent tape, also read books by Linus Pauling, they will give you more insight, best of luck to you.

popa is offline Senior Member
    NUTRIENT-----------DAILY SAFE DOSE-----HARM IS KNOWEN TO OCCUR
    vitiman A---------10,000iu-------------21,600iu(liver damage)10,000iu(birth defects)

Beta-carotene---------25mg---------------none known
    Vitimin D-------------800iu-----------------2,000iu
    Vitimin E--------------1,200iu-------------none known
    Vitimin C-------------over 1,000mg------------none known
    thiamine (B1)----------50mg--------------none known
    Riboflavin (B2)-------------200mg-----------none known
    Nacin
    nicoinic acid------------500mg-----------1,500mg
    nicotinamide------------1,500mg-----------3,000mg
    Pyriddoxine (B6)-------------200mg-----------none known
    Flotic acid-----------------1,000mcg----------none known
    Vitimn B12------------------3000mcg------------none known
    Calcium---------------------1,500mg------------over 2,500mg
    Magnesium------------------700mg-------------none known
    Chromium-------------------1,000mcg------------none known
    Iron------------------------65mg---------------100mg
    Selenium--------------------200mcg--------------910mcg
    Zinc-------------------------30mg-----------------60mg

*No adverse effects have been noted at this level.
    *half this amount if slow release
    sourse:Council for Responsible Nutrition.

C-Bol is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the advice guys, i'd just rather be safe then sorry. I'd feel like an idiot if i fucked myself on taking too many vitamins of all things. Thanks again bros.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Signs of excessive Zinc intake are lowered HDL, nausea, gastrointestinal disorders, headaches, dizziness and other metabolic disorders.

But really your only real concern of toxicity should be minerals. Most Vitamins (fat soluable or water soluable) can be taken in high amounts as indicated by the Performance Daily Intake (PDI) for athletes. Minerals are inorganic elements, required for certain processes in your body but... although athletes need higher doses of these substances - not mega doses... Minerals can quickly lead to a build up in your system.

Minerals include such things as Zinc, Iron, Calcium, Chromium and electrolytes - Potassium, Chloride, Sodium...

Originally posted by Warrior
    Signs of excessive Zinc intake are lowered HDL, nausea, gastrointestinal disorders, headaches, dizziness and other metabolic disorders.

But really your only real concern of toxicity should be minerals. Most Vitamins (fat soluable or water soluable) can be taken in high amounts as indicated by the Performance Daily Intake (PDI) for athletes. Minerals are inorganic elements, required for certain processes in your body but... although athletes need higher doses of these substances - not mega doses... Minerals can quickly lead to a build up in your system.

Minerals include such things as Zinc, Iron, Calcium, Chromium and electrolytes - Potassium, Chloride, Sodium...
    Agreed, most vitamins get flushed out with urine in excess amounts. Minerals are the ones where I see most of the problems occuring in high dosages.

Pain

Thread Information