Thread: UTurn Bar

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member

UTurn Bar

Just thought that I would give my opinion on them. I tried one today and they are pretty damn good. I actually like them more than the detour bar, they are more filling. There is more nuget in them and less caramel. It makes the label claimes a little more reasonable. All-In-All I give them 2 thumbs up. After my boy let me try one (free too) I bought 3 more, would have bought a box but I am cutting so I don't need the temptation.

Pain

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    who makes the u turn bar. i thought you were talkin about the bench bar that has a u in it when i first read the title. lol

Designer whey makes them, which is next nutritions company.

Pain

good shit pain. anyone seen a lab test yet. i refuse to buy the detour knowing they could be bs. and i have used there whey for years and now that makes me skeptical about all there shit. what's to stop um from doing it to all the products. how you feel about them

I know I have seen the lab reports too, I am a little skeptical too. That is why I like the news that the FDA is going to step in with supp companies and start overlooking them, which means higher prices for us but I rather know I am paying for what I am getting. Know what I mean. Also I have heard that the founder of designer whey ran one of the biggest steriod rings back in the day. I am not sure how true this is but interesting nontheless.

BTW, that is why I try to get most of my nutrition from "real" food.

Pain

i feel ya. hard for me sometimes at work and school. i know sometimes when i am on a diet and at school all day then go to work my day is just bar after bar after shake after shake. sucks. i'm gonna start brigin a cooler with me.

Yup, I feel supps are great for when you are in a pinch and need a quick fix or just some added convience to your busy day. But all in all, whey after working out is the only real nutritional supp that is needed IMO.

Pain

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    By far the best tasting bar out there.

xxxl83

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    just got mine free in the male, u turn and detour is the shit, filling ans taste so good, i noticed that detour changed there label, ahha wonder why, still taste abotu the same, maybe not as sweet but u cant tell, u turn is the shit and as pain said fills u up, which when dieting we all know thats a hard feeling to get, as i said i wish i knew exactly what iwas in it!

Good to hear, I just got my free one the other day too, took them long enough. O well, it was free so my bitching will stop there. I still like them more than the detour bar. BTW found some interesting stuff on the new comp for the detour bar made by odyssey. It is good because it is independent by some guy with a glucose meter. I might have to try those out. Also MesoTech has a snickers like bar too, but there bars are always crazy high in sugar anyway. Here is the info,

-----
    ODYSSEY Protein bar YOU GUYS HAVE TO TRY EM
    FIRST - I have no affiliation with this company what so ever...

I just had to let you guys know this because they are great!

Premier Nutrition's new ODYSSEY Bar competes against Detour bars...

CARAMEL NUT

NUTRITION FACTS:
    Serving Size: 1 bar 80g
    Calories: 290
    Calories from fat: 80
    Total fat: 9g
    Saturated fat: 5g
    Cholesterol: <5mg
    Sodium: 290mg
    Potassium: 200mg
    Total Carbohydrates: 29g
    Dietary fiber: 3g
    Sugar: 3g
    Sugar Alcohol: 22g
    Protein: 30g

I am diabetic so i tested these out...

I tested my blood before it was 120 then 2 hours after it was 125.... so this means that the label has to be true..... these bars will not throw you out of ketosis.

I did the same test with the detours.... 94 before then 2 hours after it was 178 ..... pretty bad... I gave the bars to a co-worker... he doesnt care he is fat anyway .... take care and remember

-----

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    detours are good compared to others but there is like a nutri-sweet aftertaste to them which gets to me. i guess its there way of keeping down fats and whatever......

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    I use the left over tube from my free U-Turn Bar for my preloaded syringes. Only holds around 7-8 though
    oooops....I'm in the supps. part of the board

Originally posted by Ozzy
    I use the left over tube from my free U-Turn Bar for my preloaded syringes. Only holds around 7-8 though
    oooops....I'm in the supps. part of the board

LOL, very creative, I like it.

Pain

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    Hey pain....I think you were the one who turned me on to that free U-Turn Bar site. Thanks

Your welcome.

Pain

ToolMaster is offline New Member
    i agree they are just awsome... now if all protein we eat tasted liek candy we'd all be huge

RealMenBench is offline Junior Member
    I must echo ...... i've pretty much though all the "bars" were shit .... I just had the caramel bar (yes, free sample) and it was bad ass .....

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Ok guys I've received two different lab analysis from two different companies. One from American Analytical Chemistry Labs, and one from Shuster labs. They are very different. The American lab is on their lab report letterhead and is complete. 10 grams of fat, 32 grams of protein, 14 grams of sugar 22 total carbs and 306 calories. However the Shuster labs result is one that was sent to me hand written with lab report number, project number, lot number and date. It reads protein 19.5grams, fat 13.2grams,carbs 34.2grams, sugar 19.4grams. I'm going to try and get a copy of that report as well. I'll keep you all posted

BigJB is offline Junior Member
    yea my free u-turn bar took about 3 week to get but it tasted great but i still like detour better, nothing can beat the taste of a detour bar

Originally posted by dumbells101
    Ok guys I've received two different lab analysis from two different companies. One from American Analytical Chemistry Labs, and one from Shuster labs. They are very different. The American lab is on their lab report letterhead and is complete. 10 grams of fat, 32 grams of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>, 14 grams of sugar 22 total carbs and 306 calories. However the Shuster labs result is one that was sent to me hand written with lab report number, project number, lot number and date. It reads <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> 19.5grams, fat 13.2grams,carbs 34.2grams, sugar 19.4grams. I'm going to try and get a copy of that report as well. I'll keep you all posted
    Please keep us updated on this. BTW, the results are for the Uturn bar correct??

Pain

BluEyedClubr is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by dumbells101
    Ok guys I've received two different lab analysis from two different companies. One from American Analytical Chemistry Labs, and one from Shuster labs. They are very different. The American lab is on their lab report letterhead and is complete. 10 grams of fat, 32 grams of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>, 14 grams of sugar 22 total carbs and 306 calories. However the Shuster labs result is one that was sent to me hand written with lab report number, project number, lot number and date. It reads <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> 19.5grams, fat 13.2grams,carbs 34.2grams, sugar 19.4grams. I'm going to try and get a copy of that report as well. I'll keep you all posted
    Damn! If he is talkin' about the UTurn Bar then I'm Fawked because I'm on my second box now and I've been eatin one of those like every day around 5pm when I am getting ready to leave work and go to the gym!!

Yes - Def keep us posted!

Originally posted by BluEyedClubr

Damn! If he is talkin' about the UTurn Bar then I'm Fawked because I'm on my second box now and I've been eatin one of those like every day around 5pm when I am getting ready to leave work and go to the gym!!

Yes - Def keep us posted!
    I hope he is doing the Detour bar myself, I really like the UTurn bars.

BTW, I tried the new compitition for the detour bars. The MesoTech Carmel Nut Crunch and the Premeir 1 Odyssey bar. Well the meso bar was sooooo good but it has such a high sugar content it should (at least they don't lie!!!) The Odyssey bar was good, nothing like a detour but still good also the carb make up of it is really good. Does have some gelatin in it low on the ingrediant list though.

Pain

Thread Information