KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member

Good Stack (Creatine Stack Preferred) for a Teen?

Hey what's up, I'm new here, just found this place and it's my first post. Anyways, I'm 18, been lifting for about 4 years, and am looking for a creatine stack, or any stack really if you have a better suggestion. I've taken some creatine from Wal-Mart, and am not sure if it's really helping. I've been using apple juice to help transport.
    Anyways, I'm up in the air with glutamine, some say it's a waste of money, others say they'd die without it.
    And what about ribosin (sp?) or zma with it?
    I just want a strength/lean mass stack, (somewhat cheap if possible), and then when the weather warms up I'll do a cutting stack of some sort.

And btw, I've been lifting for a couple years now, and didn't even start taking anything (cheap creatine) until recently. But, at school I get harassed almost every day by people saying I take 'roids. It pisses me off, but I guess I can take it as a compliment if they think I'm big enough to have taken 'roids. hehe, and even the kids on 'roids themselves (yes, it's sad, kids my age deciding to take 'roids when they're not fully developed) who've taken them swear I'm a "juicer". So I got my diet and lifting down, I just thnik I may want a stack to try.

Thanks a whole lot for any help, really

JGK
    JGK is offline Junior Member
    Creatine stack? I guess you mean creatine premixed with transport. I took SciTec Creatine Express and it tasted alright. I also took some EAS creatine which tasted a lot better. I've since stopped doing them since I am pretty much interested in strength gains only and do very low volume workouts and all it did was make me bloated. The creatine really only helps when you are doing a more bodybuilding program (which I assume you are). Personally I would stick with pure creatine and drink grape juice with it as a transport. It is just as good as taking the mix.

All ZMA will really do is make you sleep better at night. You can get the same effect from taking a zinc pill every day. The differences in your testosterone levels won't really be worth taking it.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    At your age, you really don't have to worry about supplimenting much of anything. The ZMA is supposed to get your body to release more growth hormone , but you should have plenty of testosterone and GH right now anyway.
    If you eat plenty of protein rich foods like steak, tune and chicken, you don't even have to worry about supplimenting creatine. If a person gets really drastic results from creatine, it means they aren't eating nearly enough red meat, which is loaded with creatine. Same goes with glutamine. If you eat plenty of red meat, you'll have plenty of L-glutamine in you.
    If you want to try something, you can try HMB. HMB is supposed to help supress protein breakdown (like muscle tissue) and due to that, it speeds recovery time for workouts.

KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member
    Hey thanks for the advice so far.
    Just eating a whole lot of protein, and supplementing with some shakes and what have you, also eating very healthy in general, low fat, mainly good carbs, and little sugar.
    I'm about 5'10", 190, and max on bench at about 280-300, and have been lifting for quite some time. I think it's time to start a pretty good stack or supplement as I'm kind of at a sticking point, and have gone so long without anything at all.
    So any other suggestions? And when I say creatine stack, I mean a stack with creatine in it. I've read online that glutamine, zma, and creatine is a pretty good stack, but maybe I should just go with the glutamine and creatine? (and I'll just take pure creatine and use a dextrose transport or grape juice or smarties or what have you)
    So any suggestions on supplements?

Thanks a lot for any help!!

Ambulance is offline Member
    I'd stick with 5g creatine before workouts and 5g creatine after workouts with a spoon of honey.

If its pharmacutical grade creatine which im sure it is, it should be doing the trick because that means its pure. You can try Trac brand creatine and see if you notice a difference, 1 bottle probably wouldnt break your bank and its enough to tell whether u want to continue and buy another or go back to the wal mart brand. Take care bro.

Thread Information