[ant]83 is offline New Member

Smile new to A.R. - Creatine

hey how are u all.... ive been reading posts on AR for ages now and ive finally decided to register today and post a few threads myself.

I'm 19yo and ive been training on and off for about a year or so and my strength has always been pretty good although i wasnt getting much physical results in the first few months until i finally got some protein.

But i wouldnt mind giving creatine a go and seeing if i can 'bulk up' a lil bit more, i only weigh aprox 60kg (mainly coz im about 5'6 with probably 5-10% bf), but the good thing is every week i go in for my chest session i can just add on extra kgs and just lift. so far im up to 120kg on the bench (usually 100x12, 110x10, 120x8) so i guess if im going to take creatine its not for the extra strength/energy that ive heard it can give but rather the fact that it can hydrate muscle cells and promote muscle growth or do what ever it does. :P

The thing im not sure about is that ive heard that creatine is most affective when taken with some other substance/ sort of like a glucose or something? because it gets to your blood stream faster and then to your muscles quicker????

I also remember reading somewhere that only aprox 66% of creatine actually reaches your muscles because of your stomach acids dissolving the substance??????

im not to sure if this is right and i dont know what supplements should be taken with creatine, if any. Im sure someone out there could help me. Basically my goals are to put on much more lean muscle mass and keep the bf as is. hopefully get up to 70kg by 6 months.

Thanks for any input to come. :

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    First off welcom to the board bro. Its always good to see the browsers sign up.

Its good to see that you are making such good progress. Stick with your protein for sure. Thats just fundamental. But if you want to try creatine you could also add a multivitamin and maybe some glutamine. Creatine allows your muscles to hold more water. This makes you stronger and makes you look bigger although it is sometimes 'puffy muscles.' Your diet really must be on because creatine gains -at least in my experience- dont stay too long after i get off the creatine. I think partyboy made a good analogy to creatine once comparring it to DBOL . only less potent of course

anyways stick around bro and youll learn more than you thought possible
    peace
    symatech

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Re: new to A.R. - Creatine

Originally posted by [ant]83
    The thing im not sure about is that ive heard that creatine is most affective when taken with some other substance/ sort of like a glucose or something? because it gets to your blood stream faster and then to your muscles quicker????

I also remember reading somewhere that only aprox 66% of creatine actually reaches your muscles because of your stomach acids dissolving the substance??????
    There is a percentage of the population that will not react to supplemental Creatine intake - many of those do react when trying to support the Creatine uptake into the muscle, either by neutralizing stomach acids or taking a glucose transport. And those that do react to Creatine only would find even better results with taking it with a glucose transport or a method to neutralizing stomach acids (effervecent Creatine, or simply some Alka Seltzer tabs)...

As far as sups to take with Creatine, their are sups you need BEFORE going the Creatine route. Like Multi Vitamins, Vitamin C, EFA's, supplemental protein to make up for what you don't get from whole foods...

BTW - supplemental Creatine increases your muscular Creaine Phosphate stores for more explosiveness (anerobic excersise in the low rep range) and increased hypertrophy from the super saturation of muscular Creatine bound to water and from the gains in overall limit strength.

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    i began taking creatine in the beginning of last summer and a month after that i had gained the water weight of course but the good news was that ALL my lifts went up when i was on a plateau, i went from benching DB 75 to 95 in 2 months and cable rowing 150 to 200 everything with the same form and everything....

now, when i went off creatine, i did lose my "pump" look but i kept the strength gains!!! all of them! also, dollars/servings, it is on the of the cheapest supplements out there, i did regular micronized creatine, so it was like 30 bucks for 200 servings..

it will make you look more 'bulky' while your on it but once you stop taking it, you'll be a little bit bigger but in my case i was way more muscular looking and that's what we all want right??

WD

Thread Information