Thread: Holy r-ALA!

Short_Guy is offline Junior Member

Holy r-ALA!

As per Pain's numerous suggestions to try r-ALA on this board, I took the plunge and received my order last Monday. Took it this week and intentionally had a few high carb meals to see if that would have any effect (I've been on a sub-200g/carb/day diet for about 5 weeks to this point). Let me just say OMG...

So I got up this morning, slipped on one of my normal T-shirts and noted that it felt a little tight. I go upstairs to talk to my bro (genetic bro and he was like "are you wearing super-tight T-shirts now?" and I'm like "uh, no" and he's like "christ, then what are you on?!" The ONLY thing I've changed in this diet over the past five weeks was the intro of the r-ALA and a few moderately high carb meals (125g per meal of not so good carbs) and I've filled out big-time without adding anything to my waist (I've actually pulled in my belt a notch obviously due to the continuing benefits of the diet). Yeah, it may be psychological or it could just be the boost from a few lousy meals, but I somehow doubt it.

Either way, I'm sold on this stuff and recommend wholeheartedly that everyone on a low carb diet give this stuff a shot!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I told you!!!! I have said it before and I will say it again, it is one of the few OTC supps that I think really works. Happy to hear it working for you.

Pain

yellows2k is offline Member
    Where can you get this and how much? Do you take it with every carb meal? Or post workout meal?

Since I've been doing such low carbs per meal (25-35g. tops/5-6 meals/day) for the past 5 weeks, I threw in three high carb meals (~125g. of rice and bread) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (on no set schedule) along with a straight-up cheat meal (pizza on Saturday) and took 3 caps with each of those 'big' meals.

On off days (Tues and Thurs), I'd take 4 caps/day with any meal containing fruit and/or creatine (e.g. if i had a banana I'd take a single cap with a meal; if i had some cell tech i'd take 2 caps; etc.)--Pain suggested 1 cap for 30-40g. of carbs and that seems to have worked well.

I ordered it from Anabolic Fitness and although the shipping is rapage, I'm certainly pretty damn pleased with the results thus far.
    Last edited by Short_Guy; 04-06-2003 at 09:06 PM.

Short_guy is correct with his info, sounds like you have a good plan going too. www.1fast400.com also carries it and it is about the same price, he has many more products too incase you want to order something else and spread out the shipping cost. I haven't tried his yet but it is next, I have heard good things about his brand too.

Pain

chinups Guest
    Ok. I am sold and I am buying a bottle today. But I have two questions.
    1. Is this still good for liver protectant
    2. What is suggested dose that seems to work. 300mg a meal or just do 500mg twice a day?

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    I've been positive things about this r-ALA and was wondering if anyone knows how to get a hold of it in europe. Maybe an address for a Internet store in europe where they sell it!?

As I understand it is a perfectly legal stuff right?? I ask because of having illegal shit mailed. I've never bought roids on the net, got some good contacts that can help me out in that area.

Chins, I do believe it is still a good liver protectant and take it like 100mg for every 30-50g carbs you consume, take it with that meal. It is not something that you want to take 1 gram in the morning and be all set with, you have to time it with your meals. I have found taking it with the meal is fine and if you have a lot of slow GI carbs take one with the meal and one about 20-30mins later.

Son, sorry I don't know about the EU thing but it is legal.

Pain

durbin22 is offline Member
    The best supplement I have ever taken. www.anabolicfitness.net They do ship international.

the butcher.. is offline New Member
    I have been on r-ala from the af store also but am not sure if it is really doing anything. They recomment 3 caps a day and thats what I am taking right before I eat. I heard great reviews from many posts and I think I am going to up my dosage as soon as I am done my v12 creatine. I just want to see if it will work well on its own so that I know if it is working not the other supps. Also has anyone tried gla. It is another product in the af store that is supposed to work together with r-ala to burn fat? Any info?

chinups Guest
    http://www.1fast400.com/

fast4000 has the best price but they are sold out does anyone else know where I can get this for cheap. The AF store is too pricey..

go to the af store and type "afdiscount" as the coupon code. The price will be slashed down to 25 dollars for 120 caps. I think it is better quality then the 1fast400 brand. I tried 1fast before and the labeling and packaging didnt seem very professional. I would go with af store for only 25 bucks.

FmRommel is offline Member
    I cant wait to use this product for a nice clean bulk that starts in a few weeks...Whats the dose?
    Take with or before a meal?

Veretta21 is offline Junior Member
    So does r-ALA definitely work better than ALA? I am about to order the r-ALA and I just wanted to make sure I was making the right decision over the ALA---

I have taken both and I feel that r-ALA worked better. You have to take 3 times as much ALA to get it to work, and even then I don't feel it is as good.

Rommel the dosage is up above in the post.

Pain

I have taken both as well, and r-ALA kicks the snot out of regular ol' ALA.

there is some new r-ala available in the www.gotfina.com website. Its called purala and claims to have 150 g in each capsul. Has anyone tried it or heard anything. It sells for 25 bucks and thats cheaper than af and 1fast400. There is a lab report to view also but I want to know if anyone tried that brand?

bump on the got fina brand!

tgrady is offline New Member
    how should you cycle it?

bump again...ist he got fina brand any good?

chinups Guest
    I ordered the one he is referning to but I have not done it yet. All I can say I got the purula stuff real quick in the mail so they seem legit and I am sure there porduct is. Nice price too..

Bump for people who have used.

good to know, that is the problem I had with all sports, it took a week and a half to get the stuff.

Originally posted by Vibrantred94gt
    bump again...ist he got fina brand any good?
    cant say one way or the other, but the lab report they have is completely bunk (by the lab not the site). the test method supposedly used A. does not work and B. is impossible (sigma aldritch does not have an r-lipoic reference). this has been confirmed by at least 5 other labs, much more reputable ones.

hplc can be used to determine total lipoic acid content.

btw- asta medica, which holds the patent on r lipoic synthesis, does not even claim 99.7%.

So help me understand...
    Is the r-ala is only good when used with the carbs for glucose uptake...

What about with protein utilization, for example if I take some with my protein shake that only has 6 grams of carbs...is that a waste?
    Is it only useful with high carbs or is it just better with them?

I need some scientific help here....

FM

I am pretty sure just carbs. I have never seen anything mentioned about it helping out the other macros. I would only use it with higher amount of carbs 30+. Anything less than that your body should have no problem using up.

Pain

Thanks Pain...

FM

Thread Information