Thread: Hemp protein

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member

Hemp protein

Iam not exactly sure but I think they grind up the seeds in the hemp...They sell it ready to roll and flavored..Iam just curious what others think of this stuff..I dont trust plant protein?My buddy who trains pro athletes and bodybuilders was telling me it was better than casien or whey..I wouldnt beleive him, but he is a smart guy with 10+ years personal training long time member of the board since 2002 and jacked..I need some researched data, clinical studies..I dunno it kinda blew my mind I didnt know they made Hemp protein..I probably wont switch from my whey regardless but I would enjoy the opinions and debate anyways and not have anybody jump all over my ass because I ask a question...
    Last edited by KINGKONG; 05-25-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: apparantly wasnt getting my point across

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    really?

so just say it turns out that your smart guy friend is right. then what?

unless you have access to lbs/seeds/month, then why bother?

Plus all the processing.

or are you just joking around?

they sell it on amazon all made up with flavor and everything..My friend is a smart guy but he might just be downing my choice of whey isolate..No jokes bro..

He is dead serious..I should have him come on here and debate lol

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hemp.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	123364

Here's what I found with a simple search. Prices range from 10$ a lb. down to 7$ a lb.
    judging by the macros I will stick to isolate, and my casein. It's too expensive and its fattening

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    so hemp protein only has 18 amino acids, which means it is NOT a complete protein profile!

so if a serving of 30 grams =
    4 grams of fat
    11 grams of carbs
    13 grams of protein

I'd suggest that "your knowledgeable friend" is pulling your leg.

plus this shiit is friggin expensive for what you end up getting?

The guy isnt pulling any legs he uses it himself because of his own beleifs, but I got out of this thread what I wanted confirmation that my ex roomate who is smaller than me and always has been is pissy because Iam bigger than him..We used to argue for hours about things because he always has to be right he was and is a long term member of this forum..So I figured I'd at least get some other opinions..Iam tell him to look at this thread and post if he dares lol..Thanks for the opinion's guys..The guy has personal trained many pro athletes and bodybuilders so I had to at least get some other opinions..

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm sticking with my whey isolate.

Bump for more opinions..Not getting to much consructive material to work with here just bashing my best friends opinion without any real data..Iam not saying I wanna switch to hemp protein but throw a little in with my whey cant hurt?Money is not an issue, my health is whey has given me problems with my kidneys because of the quick digestion..Iam dropping protein in my piss..I almost exclusively eat whole foods now, but sometimes Iam on the run..

I think soy is junk,Ive seen the research on that and the increase in estrogen it can cause.. Could this beautiful plant actually be usable protein as well?lol

The high fiber content is neat..I like it for that..So if it has 18 amino acids it's usless..Iam not trying to be a smartass Iam asking?Like I said before Iam not a spokesman for the stuff it's just interesting hearing some intelligent debate..

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    Bump for more opinions..Not getting to much consructive material to work with here just bashing my best friends opinion without any real data..Iam not saying I wanna switch to hemp protein but throw a little in with my whey cant hurt?Money is not an issue, my health is whey has given me problems with my kidneys because of the quick digestion..Iam dropping protein in my piss..I almost exclusively eat whole foods now, but sometimes Iam on the run..

hemp would be good to mix with whey. Whey is a complete protein, hemp is not. However it is good for fiber. If you want a plant protein with a good amino acid profile look into pea protein. Truenutrition sells some. Best part is it's 5 bucks a pound.

Quote Originally Posted by Brohim View Post
    hemp would be good to mix with whey. Whey is a complete protein, hemp is not. However it is good for fiber. If you want a plant protein with a good amino acid profile look into pea protein. Truenutrition sells some. Best part is it's 5 bucks a pound.
    Thanks for the info brother!I'll look into it..They make protein outta everything apparantly..

Thread Information