Domestic is offline Associate Member

Post Which Supplements Should I Buy?!

alright, i only have enough $ to get a few of the supplements that i take this mth. so which should i get?

ISO Pure Zero Carb Protein
    Super Vitamin Pak
    Zenotrope
    Xendraine
    L-Glutamine Power
    Complete Creatine Effervescent

i was thinking about getting ISO Pure to help with my protein intake and Creatine - L-GPower - Super Vitamin Pak?

ISO = $34.95
    SVP = $12.95
    Creatine = $21.95
    L-GPower = $21.95

that comes to $91.80 - which is pretty good since i have just under $100.00 to spare. it fucking sucks not having a job. can't wait til i move.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    the ones that you've choosen is good

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Looks good bro, try and fined a good protein that has good levels of Glutamine in it already to cut down even more on the spending. Peace

IronRhino is offline New Member

SUPPLEMENTS ON A BUDGET...

Your choice of Isopure is certainly a primo product. But because you chose Iso it's pricey. Question to ask is whether you'll be able to use it to constantly keep feeding your muscles. If you will be able to feed yourself every 2 hrs then no prob.

But on another note, someone has advised you to look for a <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> with a high level of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=GLUTAMINE" target="_blank">glutamine</a> to save on an added purchase. I would DISAGREE with that statement very strongly. If you are going to train hard (if you don't it's wasted time) you'll need sizeable doses of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=GLUTAMINE" target="_blank">glutamine</a> to enhance recovery/repair. In some European countries they administer <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=GLUTAMINE" target="_blank">glutamine</a> to post-surgical patients. So I would certainly buy a pure grade <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=GLUTAMINE" target="_blank">glutamine</a> to take in addition to <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>.

So what if you went with a more economical <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>, e.g., Optimum Natural or Muscle Milk or Optimum Pro Complex so you could add the <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=GLUTAMINE" target="_blank">glutamine</a>?

That might leave adequate room to purchase <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=CREATINE" target="_blank">creatine</a> (personally I can't stand using it--just makes me look soft) and a good vitamin. The reason I'm going in this direction is because one drum of Isopure may not stretch out for a full month.
    Last edited by IronRhino; 05-14-2003 at 02:46 AM.

IronRhino is offline New Member

AMENDED RESPONSE

I don't know what happened in my prior post reply. Somehow it reminds me of the hushmail encryption engine. WTF! Anyway, I recommended perhaps choosing a more economical protein like Optimum natural or Muscle Milk (both good products) just in case Iso wouldn't stretch out for a full month

The PRO-RATED protein I use has a good amount of glutamine in it, and I've had great results without having to use additional glutamine, besides more and more studies are starting to prove that excess amounts of glutamine doesn't help any better than minimal amounts.

chinups Guest
    I just ordered the chocolate and I am drinking that shit twice a day and loving it. How can you beat 80 servings for like 20 beans. www.allsportsnutrition.com

chins- I got some banana in this week and tried it this morning..... badass brother. I'm gonna be getting 1 strawberry and 1 banana from now on!

ISO has 4.6g of L-Glutamine per serving. thats pretty good since i was only going to take about 20g of L-Glutamine per day.

chinups Guest
    I scoop of chocolate and one scoop of strawberry. WOW!! or any other combo

Tex-Do you double up and make it 44 grams???? I feel 22 is just not enough....

is Pro-Rated any good? the best protein i've seen yet is Pro M3 but since i'm on a NO CARB diet, the 2nd best is ISO Pure Zero Carb. hense the name "zero carb." lol

Beantown Abuser is offline Junior Member
    those are the only supps worth taking good luck and good choices

chinups Guest
    Where is the flax seed oil, multi V, Vit C, Vit E....R-ala is a great supp rigth now..

chinups Guest
    I have to admit bean town, I shed a tear when I read that signature. THAT IS CLASSIC!

Super Vitamin Pak has ALL your daily vitamin needs. what is "flax seed oil?"

Chins- Yeah I double up, well actually here's my layout.
    preworkout shake- 1 scoop = 22g protein
    postworkout shake- 2 scoops = 44g protein
    bedtime shake- 1 scoop = 22g protein
    2am shake- 1 scoop = 22g protein (lately I opt for a piece of chicken)

Domestic- Persoanlly PRO-RATED is the best tasting I've tried and you just can't beat the price.

Here's the stats on it-
    Per scoop- 30g
    Cals- 120
    fat cals- 15g
    total fat- 1.5g
    sat fat- 1g
    cholesterol- 0g
    sodium- 55mg
    potasium- 170mg
    carbs- 4g
    fiber- 0
    sugar-2g
    protein- 22g
    vit a- 0
    vit c- 25%
    calcium- 10%
    iron- 0

bcaa's per 100g's
    cysteine- 2.460g
    methionine-1.670g
    lysine- 7.670g
    alanine- 3.940g
    arginine- 2.002g
    aspartic acid- 8.181g
    glutamic acid- 1.74g
    ycglycine- 1.438g
    isoleucine- 4.852g
    leucine- 8.496g
    serine- 4.056g
    phreonine- 5.794g
    baline- 4.714g
    histidine- 1.350g
    phenylalanine- 2.462g
    tyrosine- 1.744g
    taurine- <0.01g
    tryptophan- 1.512g

nice cept the Carbs + Sugar thing. how many servings per containing?

chinups Guest
    I am doing the pre workout-one scoop and post workout.....I also do bedtime or middle of the night. I think you remember my mid night walking story...

chinups Guest
    Its like 80 servings, but of course most of the time you double up on protein dosage, so cut it in half. But if you only want 22 grams its like 78 servings. Can't beat that

how much does it cost and who makes it? i'll look into it - i'm 18 w/ no job and a car payment. so i'm tight on $ til i can get a job. lol

PRO-RATED is the brand, ALLSPORTSNUTRITION.com and it's $37.99 for 10lbs. $5.94 f/shipping.

not bad. i'll look into it.

what about fat burners? what would you suggest? i'm thinking about just ordering a few tubs of Protein & some Fat Burners. keep my diet rite, low carbs + high protein and doing 31.5 miles of Cardio per week w/ fat burners. i should drop alot of body fat % huh? i heard good things about Xendaine. or however its spelled.

who is the Manufacture of Pro-Rated?

Protein USA L.L.C. is.

alright peeps. i had the choice to make an investment with my money and possibly turn that money into more money so i could buy some supplements & shit but i figure that i'm going to have a job when i move to Ohio anyways so yea, this is what i'm going to do:

ISO Zero Carb Protein - $34.95

i will get some of that Pro-Rated Protein when i get back on my normal diet that allows me to have carbs. until then, i'm allowed 50g of Carbs per day MAX and most of that will come from Veggies & Milk

Super Vitamin Pak - $12.95
    Xenadrine RFA-1 - $26.95

Total = $74.85

this way, i get my daily vitamins in the morning and will be able to keep my Protein intake fairly high. Xenadrine will help with my body fat % take down along with my 31.5miles of Cardio per 7 days.

so hopfully, i'll be able to drop from 11% body fat to bout 7% body fat in alittle over 3 weeks. keeping my Diet to 1600+ calories w/ 0 carbs and fats about 60 - 70g per day.

Thread Information