Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member

Nitro-tec Protein Bars

I have recently bought some of NITRO-TECH's Whey Protein Bars. The label reads that they have 35g of Whey Protein and only 6 g of Total Carbs...is do you guys think this is another case of Suppliment Bullshit? Thnaks for any info or opinions.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I like Nitro tec bars as they are very good and high quality but that carb number is off, they are not counting the non-effective carbs in that. They really have about 30g of carbs if you calc out the total cals on the bar you find some missing calories. They are non-impact carbs (don't effect insulin ). All in all they are still good bars IMO.

Pain

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    THE LABEL ON 35' G BARS IS A BIT DIFFERENT THAN THE 26 G BARS...THIS ONE HAS TOTAL CARBS LISTED AS 6...SO THAT IS NOT ALL INCLUSIVE? I KNOW THE MESTO-TECH SAY 3 BUT REALLY HAVE 42 GS OF CARBS....I AM ON A LOW CARB DIET SO I WANT TO AVOID EXCESS OR NEEDLESS INTAKE OF CARBS.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I've been doing a low carb diet on and off for about a year now and I've found a few bars that are pretty good (as far as low carb protein bars go). Have you tried STRIVE bars by Biotech? They have 20 grams of Pro and 3 impact carbs. Their crunchy and I think they are great when your sick of the chewy kind.

What's your carb intake for a typical day?

OVG
    OVG is offline Associate Member
    Try looking at the calorie and see if they add up with Protein/carb and fat. If it does then thats what is in the bar. I've heard lean body is pretty good.

SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member
    I like the nitrotech bars, taste agrees with me and they kill my hunger, a bit expensive but I haven't found any others I've liked as much. They usually have like 3-6 "impact" carbs, which affect insulin , and about 20-30 non-impact carbs, which don't (usually from glycerin if I'm not mistaken). The nutrition facts will show the higher number (unless your bars are more than a few months old; they didn't list glycerin as carbs until fairly recently).

Innervision is offline Associate Member
    One of the few Muscletech products I actually like.

Thread Information