D1N1SKA is offline Junior Member

...:::Few Supplement Qs:::...

Hey every1,

I got a few supplement questions:

a) What are the best supplements to take in between cycles?
    b) Creatine – yey or ney? What kind?
    c) Does it make sense to take Xenadrine/HydroxyCuts while on Creatine? Somebody told me that it doesn’t make sense and I just want to double-check. (really dont want to loose my cutz, lol)
    d) Does any1 take Fish Oil or heard of ppl taking it? What exactly does it do? How well does it work?

You do not need to answer all of the questions at once. Also, if you know of a good supplement that I did not mention and you think it will be good idea for me to take it >> PLEASE LET ME KNOW (btw I will keep on drinking protein shakes and taking my glutamine, BCAA, and multivitamins).

As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

D

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

Re: ...:::Few Supplement Qs:::...

Originally posted by D1N1SKA

a) What are the best supplements to take in between cycles?

I'd keep with creatine, protein, multi-v, glutamine. The rest is pretty much a waste of money.

b) Creatine – yey or ney? What kind?

Yes, take creatine monohydrate...which brand is up to you. I like Optimums but that's just a personal preference.

c) Does it make sense to take Xenadrine/HydroxyCuts while on Creatine? Somebody told me that it doesn’t make sense and I just want to double-check. (really dont want to loose my cutz, lol)

Take ECA in the morning with cardio, and creatine before/after workouts in the afternoon. Never together because they counter-act each other.

d) Does any1 take Fish Oil or heard of ppl taking it? What exactly does it do? How well does it work?

Yes or flax seed oil. They give you EFA (essential fatty acids) which your body needs and it helps to loose fat.

D

you are BIG HELP, BIG TEXAN.

thank you.

PS whats ECA? better do my research.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    No problem....ECA is Ephedrine/Caffiene/Aspirin, your typical hydroxycut, Stacker2, Xenadrene, and other fat burners.

TheJuicer is offline Member

Bump

I'll bump it!!haha!!

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    1. In between cycles, when you are trying to preserve mass, I would have to say the basic creatine and glutamine. Also a supplement called PS(phoso... I forget the name, but w/e) has been shown to be anti-catabolic, and can help.

2. In terms of creatine, just go with straight creatine monohydrate. You know, take 5 grams of it with 5 grams of glutamine, 30-50 grams of sugar , and 50 grams of whey protein post-workout. If you're not training that day, just go with 5 grams with one of your meals.

3. Yeah, it can make sense. If you want to stay cut and retain mass, then it makes perfect sense! Creatine is not going to make you fat by any means, just stay at 5 grams per day to avoid water retention.

4. Fish oil is Omega-3 fatty acids. There is another kind of fatty acid, the bad kind, omega-6. When your ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 is too high, then your body starts to hoard fat. This is typical in the average american diet, but not so typical in a traditional european diet, where fish is emphasized. Supplementing with omega-3 lowers cholesterol levels, increases viscosity in joints, creates a better anti-catabolic and anabolic environment, and simply makes you feel better. I recommend going with 10g-20g spread out throughout the day. Or, if you do not feel like buying pills, you can get omega-3 fatty acids from fish, espically salmon and swordfish, and tuna(although tuna is a much leaner fish).

In terms of other supplements, I like CLA. CLA is a fatty acid derived from safflower oil, and has been shown to make the body use fat instead of muscle. Although you are not in a cutting phase, I recommend it anyway, because it helps keep you in an anti-catabolic state. Plus, it's anti-cancer! Take 2-4 grams per day, preferably spread out.

I also like green tea. Green tea is great because it gives you an un-toxicified feeling, and it also has been shown to increase fat oxidation by 4% in humans. I get about 1 cup every 2 days, but you can increase that to 2 cups every day if you want, and have no problem. Green tea is also loaded with phytochemicals, which are anti-cancer.

Like you said, glutamine is great. I go with 20 grams per day, spread out throughout the day.

Have you considered HMB? Although a lot of it is hype, it can help keep you in an anti-catabolic environment. I recommend it if you have the money, but don't worry about it if it will be too much of a hassle financially.

That's about all of the supplements that are worth anything.
    Any questions PM me or [email protected]

flexgolf is offline Member
    glutamine....is a waste, read the glutamine threads. unless u get glutamine for an IV it almost completely gets destroyed so dont buy glutamine

Thanks a lot bros. Thanks for great info, WiLLpOwEr.

Thread Information