Executioner is offline Banned

Important Question - Ephedrine

I was reading a previous post, and a senior member mentioned that too much ephedrine would devour muscle. Sometimes i take around 80mg before a workout... is this too much? am i, in fact, devouring my own muscle in order to lift with more intensity?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    80mg in one serving!!! Damn bro, you must be bouncing off the walls. 30mg at one time for me gets me jumping around. I'll bump this though for someone who knows.

Thanks for the input Big-T, my tolerance is very high so 30mg to you is like 80mg to me i imagine, it does have me a little shaky though

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well I take mine with 200mg caffiene and aspirin. I wouldn't go any higher. 100mg is supposed be the daily limit although I know a few that go a bit higher.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn that is high for one time dosage. But if you can handle it, I would still consult a doc, I go above the 100mg a day thing and I am fine as I have a high tolerance too. I don't know why they say ephedrine will eat your muscle it has a anti-catabolic property so it actually helps preserve muscle.

Pain

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Just from what I know about ephedrine, I am sure it can be catabolic as most fat burners can be, when taken in high dosases. If you plan on taking that much eat plenty of protein, train hard. Personally I wouldn't take 80mg in one serving, my heart would explode.

Innervision is offline Associate Member
    Agreed, keep your protein intake up when running any kind of weight loss or fat burner product.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i only believe that it can be catabolic if your high dosing and your diet is shit, thats the only way i see it being catabolic

yellows2k is offline Member
    The most common side effect that ECA stacks have on muscle directly relate to the increased production of catecholamines caused by the use of ephedrine, these (pronounced cat - e - cola - mines) catecholamines are oxygen scavengers - wherein they "consume excessive" amounts of oxygen from our muscles - therein causing fatigue. This fatigue - can cause premature exhaustion of the muscle there in negatively effecting workout, workload capacity and muscle function.

A study that was published June 2000 in the International Journal of Obesity stated “catecholmines increase oxygen consumption in muscle.” This study indicates that while Ephedra based products augment fat burning, they can also lead to premature exhaustion and fatigue by “increased oxygen consumption in the muscle”.

This does not mean that ECA "burn muscle" - simply stated it just means that the can influence or effect in a negative way the ability of the muscle to perform optimally and can cause premature fatigue.

Quoted from another site...

Very interesting about the oxygen, i wonder how accurate that is. I suppose it could possibly be negatively effecting me....

Thread Information