Thread: Bedtime Protien

Adrock is offline Junior Member

Bedtime Protien

Hi everyone,

In the few years I have been using supplements I have yet to find a protien shake that I can drink before I go to bed. I have always stuck to whey myself. I don't take whey before I go to bed because it keeps me awake. I could be dead tired and drink a whey shake and then when I get into bed I get a burst of energy. Does anyone know of a good quality protien shake that can be taken before bed without the affects that I am experiencing with whey? I have checked the whey I have been using, and the sugar content is very low (1g per serving). I did try a "fancy" MET-Rx protien shake and it did the same thing. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I have never heard of anyone that gets energized like you from taking whey, it is just protein. That is weird. Try getting a mixed protein, that has casien and egg in it. That might help. Also try adding some flax seed oil in with your shake, maybe the slowing of digestion it will cause will help you.

Pain

Adrock is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by painintheazz
    I have never heard of anyone that gets energized like you from taking whey, it is just protein. That is weird. Try getting a mixed protein, that has casien and egg in it. That might help. Also try adding some flax seed oil in with your shake, maybe the slowing of digestion it will cause will help you.

Pain
    I have read fast absorbed protiens like whey can get converted directly to energy under some circumstances. As for the casien and egg protiens, thats what my MET-Rx protien had in it. I've heard of "slow release" protien shakes but I never tried any. I was thinking that might do the trick, has anyone tried these?
    Last edited by Adrock; 06-10-2003 at 03:38 PM.

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    it might be the reason you cant sleep is having something in your stomach this can make some people less drowsy. You might not be able to ingest anything but water before bed. Try one night eating something else like some eggs and see if that keeps you up too, because they arent a high source of energy. just protien.

stillsmall is offline Junior Member
    just eat a can of tuna.. down it with some water and it'll digest slowly over night..

BIG R is offline Member
    I'm with Cannon on this one: Definately the eggs.

R

Thread Information