Good protien for breakfast

What is a good protien for breakfast? I want to have a shake for my protien and eat my carbs as foods.

Sometimes I will have egg whites, but I get tired of that.

So, should I just use whey, or get some mixed blend protien?

popa is offline Senior Member
    I always have a shake in the morrnning(mealreplacement) and 3 packs of oatmeal

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Why a shake? Toss down some scrammbled egg whites or some kind of real food.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    I don't always have time.

So I should get a meal replacement shake? Or is some big jug of blended protien better?

I would rather have a big jug of blended protien.

While we are on this subject, are eggbeater acceptable?

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    personally oatmeal and a protien shake...unless i'm in a big rush, then it's fruit and a meal replacement shake

Originally posted by halifaxsteve
    personally oatmeal and a protien shake...unless i'm in a big rush, then it's fruit and a <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=MEAL%20REPLA CEMENT" target="_blank">meal replacement</a> shake
    What kind of protien do you use in the morning? Whey?

Originally posted by Vibrantred94gt

While we are on this subject, are eggbeater acceptable?
    Yes. I'd say use them and some oats over a meal replacment shake or protein shake. I undestand not having any time, but to whip up some eggs and a bowl of oats takes me roughly 15 minutes in the morning. Eggbeaters are good any alot of bros on here use 'em.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    Originally posted by Vibrantred94gt

What kind of protien do you use in the morning? Whey?
    yeah, with the oatmeal i take whey protien, if it's a meal replacement it's going ot be either met-rx or myoplex. but cause i'm drinking one of those after lunch, i try to stick with eating breakfast.

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    why just egg whites why not the whole egg? today like most days i eat pre workout- protienshake, pear(or any other fruit), oat bar.
    after workout i eat 6 whole eggs(bacon mixed in) with slimfast shake and take the phosphagen hp.

Bacon is not the best choice no matter what you are doing. (for me anyway).

Turkey bacon(minimal amounts) maybe. But regular bacon is a no-no. As for the whole egg, I for one use better efa sources than egg yolks. I will eat 4 yolks with my 10 whites but that's it.

stillsmall is offline Junior Member
    eat whatever you get tired of and make sure you eat it everyday so over the long run it'll give your discipline a boost.. that's what i force myself to do.. in fact, all my freaking meals are the same, day in and day out, with the exception of post-workout meal... this way you know exactly how many calories you are getting and whether to increase it or decrease it... also, it teaches you not to whine and cry about the taste of the food, and just eat it for the purpose of gaining muscle..

Most of my meals are the same every day as well. Chicken breasts, chicken breasts and more chicken breasts. I have a barbecue at work so I just barbecue chicken breasts all day.

I mix them with rice, pasta, and good ol' flax bread for that chicken sandwhich. I use fat free mayo on the sandwhiches and wheat pasta, and brown rice. That is what I mostly eat day in and day out. And some tuna, 1 or 2 cans a day.

I was buying whole turkey breasts, (bonless) from Costco, but turkey gets old after a while.

This week I have had 3 steaks. I need to not eat that many steaks in one week. once a week is ok, but 3???

Also, I just discovered sweet potatoes....you know, the raw ones right out of the ground! I always ate them out of a can before...what a difference. The ones out of the can are nasty!

I am rambling cause I just got home from the gym and I am pumped!!

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Turkey bacon(minimal amounts) maybe. But regular bacon is a no-no. As for the whole egg, I for one use better efa sources than egg yolks. I will eat 4 yolks with my 10 whites but that's it.

4 egg yoks a day? arnt you worryed about your colesterol level

while were on the subject what is the amount of egg yoks your alowed to have in a week?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Why not a shake? Your body hasn't had any protein in 8 hrs or so and it will take the eggs probably what like 90 min or so to break down.

I personally like to have my shake first thing in the morning, than i shower and stuff like that, than i get my real food protein meal in.

Originally posted by wrstlr69sdnl

4 egg yoks a day? arnt you worryed about your colesterol level

while were on the subject what is the amount of egg yoks your alowed to have in a week?

You are alowed 3 eggs a week if you have cholestoral problems.

My cholestoral was 380.....genetic thing, and the cholestoral doc told me no more than 3 eggs a week.

I have also heard lately though that doctors are starting rethink that figure.

Thread Information