cpjones13 is offline New Member

How good is Flaxseed Oil??

Is Flaxseed Oil that good for you? I am a beginner bodybuilder and notice that everytime I look into certain posts about diest and supplements, I see Flaxseed Oil. What gives?

Thanks

CP

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer

Re: How good is Flaxseed Oil??

Originally posted by cpjones13
    Is Flaxseed Oil that good for you? I am a beginner bodybuilder and notice that everytime I look into certain posts about diest and supplements, I see Flaxseed Oil. What gives?

Thanks

CP
    Yes flaxseed oil is that good. But I wouldn't just use flax there are other EFA's that you need to take to balnce it out. I would also use CLA, Borage Oil or Primerose Oil. Do a search on EFA's and you will see that these fats will help with increased metabolic rate, lowers blood preasure, help with fat lose, and much more.... ect.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Just a comment, aside from all the commonly spoken knowledge about flaxseed oil, take flaxseed oil with food for best absorption by the body.

EFA's (Essential Fatty Acids) are fatty acids which your body can't produce on its own. Therefore, our body relies on the foods we eat to obtain these. Flaxseed oil among other things has omega-3, which I am sure everyone has heard about on the news. It appears to reduce the risk of heart disease and numerous other ailments like acne and the other things mentioned by MudMan. So yea, flaxseed oil is a good choice for a supplemt

Also...if you decide on getting it, be sure the bottle is opaque, as light tends to denature the oil.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Just do a search on it, Flaxseed oil or EFAs literally have like 50 benefits. I have heard a vague link to cancer, but i'm 99% sure thats its just something stupid, anyways i've never heard any other negatives.

One of the other reason ppl take it, when you're dieting alot of ppl cut out all other fats, but you need to take in some fat, so ppl will use flaxseed oil to get the amount of fats that they need to get in

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    So when is the best time to take Flax...Pre-Workout??? Post Workout??? B4 bed??? Just wondering...have had a full bottle sitting in the fridge for about 3 weeks now.

AndroholiK is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teenpowerlift
    So when is the best time to take Flax...Pre-Workout??? Post Workout??? B4 bed??? Just wondering...have had a full bottle sitting in the fridge for about 3 weeks now.
    I'd recommend taking it in the morning with your breakfast and also with your night meal. That's what I do. Make sure you keep it refrigerated because it can go bad fast if you leave it unrefrigerated.

Thread Information