Joe King is offline New Member

Best Supplements for cut look on chest and abs

I do a resistance workout 3 days a week, 60 mins each time, alternating between upper body and lower body. The training program I am using is from the Bill Philips Book 'Body for Life'

I have been using N Large 2(once a day), Twinlab Gainers Fuel(once a day), plus Muscletech celltech creatine(once a day), and glutamine(3 times a day) for about 8 weeks now as a stack, together with the workout routine above to get the cut look on my chest and abs mainly. Altogether Ive been working out full on for about a year and a half.

But I cant get the cut look...so what I need help with is.....

Am I taking the right supplements?
    Would Prohormones be better to get the cut look?
    Am I doing the right training?

Any advice would be most welcome.

chinups Guest

Cut look

Diet and Cardio is prob the only way to cut BF. Prohormones will not do this.

sigrabbit is offline Member
    I have done the BFL challenge, and you should definitely be losing bodyfat on the program. Depending on how much bodyfat you have, you can expect to lose about .5% each week until you hit the lower digits. You really need to dial in your diet once progress stalls by cutting out some of the carbs or going easy on the cheat day.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

Re: Cut look

Originally posted by chinups
    Diet and Cardio is prob the only way to cut BF.
    Yep! Best supp on the market for getting that ripped look!

Valmont is offline Banned
    Everyone has that cut look it all has to do with bodyfat. Perhaps you can take a good eca and a water pill. To aid in your HIT sprint cardio workout
    Peace

durbin22 is offline Member
    N Large 2 and Twinlab Gainers Fuel are weight gainers and are not good for what you want to achieve.

Short_Guy is offline Junior Member
    Cardio and diet are the key plus a good ephedra stack on the side (I recommend Animal Cuts).

Joe King is offline New Member
    Ok thanks guys for your advice...keep it coming please.

In response to durbin22...what would you suggest to take instead then?, i have always been told to consume 6 meals a day, I substitute 2 of my meals with weight gainers. If I remove these from my diet wont I lose bulk? I want to get bigger than I am, but at the same time get cut and ripped.

Im not overweight or underweight, if cardio is the way to go, what would you guys suggest to be the best form of cardio training and supplements to take ? i.e weight gainers, advanced whey protien, creatine, prohormones, etc etc.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Heres my .02, dude

When I was on N-Large, I noticed bodyfat go sky high. It has a shitload of calories that gain bulk, but you also gain fat. I like Optimum Nutrition Whey, it's the cheapest i've found (I take double servings 3 times a day and now that i'm on a mag-10 cycle I take it in the middle of the night too) It seems to put on a lot more muscle than fat. If I were you I'd do abs slow and hard 3 times a week and also run. Hydroxycut is the only cutting supplement Ive tried and it worked, but not that well. PM if you have any other questions

durbin22 is offline Member
    In response to durbin22...what would you suggest to take instead then?, i have always been told to consume 6 meals a day, I substitute 2 of my meals with If I remove these from my diet wont I lose bulk? I want to get bigger than I am, but at the same time get cut and ripped.

What are your stats? What does your diet look like? Nlarge 2 has 600 calorie and 86 grams of carbs per serving which is a lot. Gainers fuel has what around 1000 calories? Thats 1600 calories and you still have 4 to go. 6 meals a day is fine but it all depends on what you are eating in those meals. I would get a good low carb powder like Optimum Nutrition's 100% whey.
    Last edited by durbin22; 06-25-2003 at 07:22 AM.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Joe King
    I want to get bigger than I am, but at the same time get cut and ripped.
    One at a time. Neither will be completely effective if you're trying to do it all at the same time. Try the traditional bulk-then-cut.

Feli Fly is offline Junior Member
    "Best Supplements for cut look on chest and abs?"

LOL... that's almost funnier than this one...

"Whats the best workout for biceps an chest?" in the Workouts forum.

But the workout one was by a fifteen year old...

For "the cut look" you want to get your diet in check bro... BFL is a good program and has a good list of foods, but no matter what foods you eat, you won't get results if your total cals are still a bit high. Try cutting your daily cals by a couple hundred... you should only try to lose 1lb each week or so, be patient.

If you want a supp, use low dose ECA, but that is a very small piece of the puzzle.

Excess is right too.. bulk or cut.. choose one. It comes down to calories. Eat more to gain, less to lose... some beginners can seem to do both for a few months, but it won't last.

Mr.gH is offline Associate Member
    First off let me say this is only my opinion on what method I've used to lose wieght.
    Basically your gonna need a morning cardio ruitine, next your going to have to manipulate your diet and lower your carb intake. Replacing these calories with healthy fats and mostly protiens will help be key. Also you may want to take a look at your sodium intake, if your taking in alot you will got some water retention, I found bacon to be my biggest culprit. Next put your creatine and wieght gainers back on the shelf until the winter season comes back. Creatine will make you retain water, while wieght gainers are usually heavy in calories and carbs, and some even make you retain water as well. These supplements are usefull, but not for cutting, only for bulking. In addition to your new diet and cardio program you may need to step it up notch. You can use some most any eca stack, and could cycle it with some clenbuterol . Lastly you may want to take a look at www.metabolicdiet.com I read his book, titled "The Anabolic Solution" and found some great dieting techniques and some very inivative approaches to the ever popular low-carb diet. Using these techniques has helped me got from somewhere around 25% bf down to 10%. I still have alot of work ahead, but hopefully this advice will serve you as well as it did me. Later bro.

Thread Information