Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Kratom...anyone know or use this?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossOps View Post
    I've had access to it, just haven't had the nerves to try it. I don't want to be "that guy" that has some unexpected adverse reaction to it LOL.
    Its really self limiting in its effects. So chances of a nasty adverse reaction are lower. Having said that, I have a really bad time with Cannabiods. I just can't handle them for some reason. Even though I know many people that do great and don't get what I get.
    NACH3 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

CrossOps is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Its really self limiting in its effects. So chances of a nasty adverse reaction are lower. Having said that, I have a really bad time with Cannabiods. I just can't handle them for some reason. Even though I know many people that do great and don't get what I get.
    Hey MuscleScience, can you tell me what it does to you? What is it that you cant handle. I do not want to get in trouble, and Admin / Moderator let me know and I can edit this post but... MuscleSciene have you tried isolate or wax? If not, any chance we could work out a deal? I can send you free samples, but I would really like to know in private how it did or did not work for you. I just need some feedback on it.

In brief, I would love to test a different delivery method for CBD and would like to know how it worked.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossOps View Post
    Hey MuscleScience, can you tell me what it does to you? What is it that you cant handle. I do not want to get in trouble, and Admin / Moderator let me know and I can edit this post but... MuscleSciene have you tried isolate or wax? If not, any chance we could work out a deal? I can send you free samples, but I would really like to know in private how it did or did not work for you. I just need some feedback on it.

In brief, I would love to test a different delivery method for CBD and would like to know how it worked.
    I'm not in a state where it's legal to have even for medical purposes.

However, it causes me to feel like I can't breath, extreme paranoia, can't sleep, can't function just basically all around reactions that most people in a million years would ever get. I only take Kratom to help releave the constant pain and muscle spasm I have from my weightlifting accident.

CrossOps is offline Associate Member
    Understood. I know there are a few state that have specific rules about CBD. When you took CBD did you get dry mouth? Abdominal pain? Diarrhea?
    Last edited by CrossOps; 10-16-2016 at 04:07 AM.

TheRoof is offline New Member
    Chiming in to deliver the 'Kratom Bible'. Has tons of great info, just make sure you have adequate time!

...well it wouldn't let me post the link. Simply search 'The Kratom Bible'
    MuscleScience likes this.

Cupid is offline Junior Member
    I have used Kratom.

I used to be an opiate addict (specifically Vicodin).

Kratom lightly stimulates your opiate receptors. You will get a little high. It does have addiction potential, especially for someone with previous history of painkiller addiction. It is definitely less addictive, but its still there. For me, when I went on it for a month straight, the withdrawals were about 2-3 days long. Much easier to wean off it. It will definitely help with pain and mood to a certain extent.

At the end of the day, it is a drug, and with come with all the same positives and negatives of other opiate drugs, just a little milder in both directions.

Blog Entries
    Little update,

I am thankful Kratom hasn't got band. I had a very bad flare up
    Of my back. One of the worst I have had. Luckily I have been able to control
    The pain and muscle spasm almost 100%. I haven't even refilled my OxyContin prescription in 6 months at least. In the past I would be suffering all day, took a pill when I got home and be a waste of my night. Now I make myself a tea drink, wait 30 min then walk/run to the gym and get one in. This would have been unthinkable 6-8 months ago.
    RaginCajun and NACH3 like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Little update,

I am thankful Kratom hasn't got band. I had a very bad flare up
    Of my back. One of the worst I have had. Luckily I have been able to control
    The pain and muscle spasm almost 100%. I haven't even refilled my OxyContin prescription in 6 months at least. In the past I would be suffering all day, took a pill when I got home and be a waste of my night. Now I make myself a tea drink, wait 30 min then walk/run to the gym and get one in. This would have been unthinkable 6-8 months ago.
    That's excellent, MuscleSci! I also occasionally struggle with spasms of the spinal erectors and it will literally put me to the ground. It has improved somewhat over the past few years, I think regular deep tissue work and stretching has helped somewhat.
    I would much rather resort to Kratom for short periods of time vs. having to take Lortab, Flexeril, and Voltaren for extended periods.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Scuba Greaves is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    it can give you an opiate like high at higher doses, and stimulating like buzz at lower doses.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    They've helped me physically, with my anxiety and PTSD... if if doesn't cause paranoia BP to rise etc and if your in the states where more and more states are legalizing it for rec purposes - try it - edibles are more for totally body relief and they can relax you just as well as a Benzodiazpine!

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    On the remote chance, anyone knows where I can buy this while in India I am asking here :-) Maybe some suppliers in Indonesia or Thailand?

Blog Entries
    NVM, got that sorted. Down to select which strand to use. Any recommendations on that?

elastica is offline Female Member
    A little late to this, but I discovered kratom last year and have consumed it regularly ever since. With my chronic issues it has been a godsend to me. I mostly take it preworkout but will once or twice on an off day if my shoulder pain is unbearable.

I like it most for its energizing properties, taking enough to cause sedation causes some unpleasant lag and a slight hangover. I have debilitating chronic fatigue, kratom makes my body feel normal for a little while. It increases my focus and is anxiolytic and antidepressant for me. I would be much less functional without it.

The first few times I took it small doses were enough to cause sedation. I take a single 2.5 g dose nearly every day and haven't encountered tolerance issues. My tendinosis pain disappears, along with whatever other aches and pains I'm having at the time including headaches.

My go-to strain is White Maeng Da. It's the only white vein I've tried and I like it so much I haven't been inclined to try others. If I'm home for the evening but still have a bunch of stuff to do I like Red Maeng Da. White veins tend to lean more towards stimulating/energizing effects, red towards pain relief/sedation, and Maeng Da in general is usually stimulating. I get great pain relief and stimulation from both the red and white veins, but a slightly different balance between the two.

I like the stimulating properties of Green Malaysian, it's great if I want to dose in the morning and the effects seem to last longer than other strains. I get some pain relief with this one, but not like from the other strains I take. Green Malay gives me pronounced mood uplifting and beneficial cognitive effects.

Red Borneo is another one of my staples. I like this one for when my pain is at its worst, or if I don't have much in the way of obligations because it induces relaxation so well. Excellent pain relief with little to no stimulation from this one. It also works for me in 2.5 g doses.

If you want to consume it as a tea you should add a little acid, like lemon juice, to help with extraction. I just weigh the powder out and swallow it with a sip of something followed by a full glass of liquid, usually coffee. It's a lot easier to get past the taste that way, although it doesn't seem nearly as bad as it used to. I find it works best to always consume on an empty stomach.
    Last edited by elastica; 11-30-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elastica View Post
    A little late to this, but I discovered kratom last year and have consumed it regularly ever since. With my chronic issues it has been a godsend to me. I mostly take it preworkout but will once or twice on an off day if my shoulder pain is unbearable.

I like it most for its energizing properties, taking enough to cause sedation causes some unpleasant lag and a slight hangover. I have debilitating chronic fatigue, kratom makes my body feel normal for a little while. It increases my focus and is anxiolytic and antidepressant for me. I would be much less functional without it.

The first few times I took it small doses were enough to cause sedation. I take a single 2.5 g dose nearly every day and haven't encountered tolerance issues. My tendinosis pain disappears, along with whatever other aches and pains I'm having at the time including headaches.

My go-to strain is White Maeng Da. It's the only white vein I've tried and I like it so much I haven't been inclined to try others. If I'm home for the evening but still have a bunch of stuff to do I like Red Maeng Da. White veins tend to lean more towards stimulating/energizing effects, red towards pain relief/sedation, and Maeng Da in general is usually stimulating. I get great pain relief and stimulation from both the red and white veins, but a slightly different balance between the two.

I like the stimulating properties of Green Malaysian, it's great if I want to dose in the morning and the effects seem to last longer than other strains. I get some pain relief with this one, but not like from the other strains I take. Green Malay gives me pronounced mood uplifting and beneficial cognitive effects.

Red Borneo is another one of my staples. I like this one for when my pain is at its worst, or if I don't have much in the way of obligations because it induces relaxation so well. Excellent pain relief with little to no stimulation from this one. It also works for me in 2.5 g doses.

If you want to consume it as a tea you should add a little acid, like lemon juice, to help with extraction. I just weigh the powder out and swallow it with a sip of something followed by a full glass of liquid, usually coffee. It's a lot easier to get past the taste that way, although it doesn't seem nearly as bad as it used to. I find it works best to always consume on an empty stomach.
    Great info thanks for posting! It's changed my life for the better.

Do you ever brew it like a tea. The only side effects I notice is that when I drink the powder is that it gums up my poo and dehydrates me to some extent.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 11-30-2016 at 08:11 PM.
    elastica likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by elastica View Post

in bold, that is what i want to try it for.

thanks for your input elastica!
    MuscleScience and elastica like this.

Blog Entries
    Ok, I got my order done:

Green Bali 1kg
    Green Jawi 500gr (free)
    ------------
    Products 1kg = $35
    Shipping to India via EMS= $38
    ----------
    Total amounts $73

Ended up only getting samples, see later post.
    Last edited by tarmyg; 01-31-2017 at 04:29 AM.
    RaginCajun likes this.

elastica is offline Female Member
    Do you ever brew it like a tea. The only side effects I notice is that when I drink the powder is that it gums up my poo and dehydrates me to some extent.
    When I first started I always made tea out of it, sometimes in batches large enough to last several days. I think the taste is much worse when having to get down an amount of kratom flavored liquid, as opposed to just downing a spoonful of powder in a single go. I always follow it with a good bit of liquid. I don't have any problem with it messing up my poo but it can be constipating for some people.

Deal Me In is offline Member
    Can anyone speak about the effects Kratom has on sleep? I'm very fortunate not to have any chronic pain or injuries but suffer from insomnia brought on by anxiety. I hate taking sleeping pills and I'm in constant search for more natural alternatives. Xanax works best for me to sleep but for obvious reasons it isn't a long term solution.

I know most of you use it for pain relief, but has anyone noticed any benefit to sleep? Or actually just a relaxing feeling? The weird thing is, I don't have stress or anxiety during the day. It's just when I lay down to sleep I can't turn my mind off. I'm not even sure if it's anxiety, just a mind that won't quit.

Please let me know if anyone has had success in this area.

Thanks guys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal Me In View Post
    Can anyone speak about the effects Kratom has on sleep? I'm very fortunate not to have any chronic pain or injuries but suffer from insomnia brought on by anxiety. I hate taking sleeping pills and I'm in constant search for more natural alternatives. Xanax works best for me to sleep but for obvious reasons it isn't a long term solution.

I know most of you use it for pain relief, but has anyone noticed any benefit to sleep? Or actually just a relaxing feeling? The weird thing is, I don't have stress or anxiety during the day. It's just when I lay down to sleep I can't turn my mind off. I'm not even sure if it's anxiety, just a mind that won't quit.

Please let me know if anyone has had success in this area.

Thanks guys.
    It helps my insomnia extremely well. I sleep through the night and very heavily. My problem was falling asleep and when I did, waking up and not being able to go back to sleep. I fall asleep almost immediately and sleep to my alarm. I would try that over xanax or fucking ambian, which is the devil. Lol

MS, thanks. That's what I'm looking for. Can you tell me what dose you take to sleep. From what I'm reading it says you need to take a higher dose, 5g or more, to get the sedative effect. Lower doses seem to promote energy. Do you find this to be true? Also, is there any particular strand that is more effective.

Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Here is an update on what I got. I ordered mine directly from Indonesia and the company has been pretty amazing in communicating, to say the least. Instead of buying it like normal, as I had no idea if it would make customs here in India he sent it to my wife's lab with a complete Material Data Safety Sheet (MSDS) report and I only had to pay shipping for a few samples ($38).

I got 100g of each of the following:

Green Maeng Da
    Green Bali
    Red Maeng Da
    Red Bali
    White Maeng Da
    White Bali

As it is the first time I am trying this I am going to try the Green Bali.

I found the following recommendations to try and if anyone disagrees your input would be much appreciated!

Threshold – 1.5 grams
    Light – 2.0 – 2.5 grams
    Moderate – 2.5 – 4.0 grams
    High – 4.0 – 6.0 grams (Side effects unlikely, but can occur at the higher end)
    V. High – 6.0 – 9.0 grams (Side effects significantly more likely)
    REF: Bali Kratom: On Effects, Dosage and Properties | Enso Botanicals

Thanks
    ~t

About all I can offer is at the "very high" dosage, I get a fuzzy/hangover feeling the next day.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Here is an update on what I got. I ordered mine directly from Indonesia and the company has been pretty amazing in communicating, to say the least. Instead of buying it like normal, as I had no idea if it would make customs here in India he sent it to my wife's lab with a complete Material Data Safety Sheet (MSDS) report and I only had to pay shipping for a few samples ($38).

I got 100g of each of the following:

Green Maeng Da
    Green Bali
    Red Maeng Da
    Red Bali
    White Maeng Da
    White Bali

As it is the first time I am trying this I am going to try the Green Bali.

I found the following recommendations to try and if anyone disagrees your input would be much appreciated!

Threshold – 1.5 grams
    Light – 2.0 – 2.5 grams
    Moderate – 2.5 – 4.0 grams
    High – 4.0 – 6.0 grams (Side effects unlikely, but can occur at the higher end)
    V. High – 6.0 – 9.0 grams (Side effects significantly more likely)
    REF: Bali Kratom: On Effects, Dosage and Properties | Enso Botanicals

Thanks
    ~t
    nice update

are you going to update this in your thread in the nutrition/diet section?

and man, sounds like you got one hell of a deal!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    nice update

are you going to update this in your thread in the nutrition/diet section?

and man, sounds like you got one hell of a deal!!!
    I'll update in my thread and yeah, the guy was very helpful.
    RaginCajun likes this.

Blog Entries
    Tried 4 grams of the Green Bali today. You know what it did? Absolutely nothing :-) Going to try another one tomorrow and see what happens.

Tried 4 grams of the Green Bali today. You know what it did? Absolutely nothing :-) Going to try another one tomorrow and see what happens.
    The lighter doses didn't do much for me in the pain department, tarmyg. Upwards of 6-8 grams did but I felt "blah" the next morning. That might have dissipated with continued use?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    The lighter doses didn't do much for me in the pain department, tarmyg. Upwards of 6-8 grams did but I felt "blah" the next morning. That might have dissipated with continued use?
    I have been now using it allmost daily for 6months now. The blah feeling goes away over time. I have been going through a lot of unexpected and unfavorable life changes. It has really helped with my anxiety. I start getting a panick attack, I take 6 gram of Kratom and it stops it cold.

I am not sure how I would get by this past 6 months without it to be honest. I'm not a fan of pharmaceuticals much and know they have their time and place. But this stuff works a million times better that xanax or Ativan without the sides. If a take a xanax a couple days in a row at the lowest dose. I will have the worst retrograde memory loss.

I have been now using it allmost daily for 6months now. The blah feeling goes away over time. I have been going through a lot of unexpected and unfavorable life changes. It has really helped with my anxiety. I start getting a panick attack, I take 6 gram of Kratom and it stops it cold.

I am not sure how I would get by this past 6 months without it to be honest. I'm not a fan of pharmaceuticals much and know they have their time and place. But this stuff works a million times better that xanax or Ativan without the sides. If a take a xanax a couple days in a row at the lowest dose. I will have the worst retrograde memory loss.

So that's what does it. I was beginning to think the films in high school were correct and I was smoking up my brain cells back then.

Blog Entries
    So that's what does it. I was beginning to think the films in high school were correct and I was smoking up my brain cells back then.
    That Is a common side effect of all benzodiazepines. Some are much worse than others, although I am not a pharmacist, I don't think there is a way to combat that particular side.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I get slurred speech from low dose stanozolol , I wonder what could happen if I dare to take a benzo..

we use to call the bars eraser pills!

haha!
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Blog Entries
    This morning I tried a different kind, Green Maeng Da, same experience as previous, nothing happened. Going to try a White one next. After that, I'll try higher dosages.
    RaginCajun likes this.

Blog Entries
    This morning I tried a different kind, Green Maeng Da, same experience as previous, nothing happened. Going to try a White one next. After that, I'll try higher dosages.
    If you have took any amount of opioids before. Low doses below 6g probably won't have much effect.

Blog Entries
    If you have took any amount of opioids before. Low doses below 6g probably won't have much effect.
    Never taken opioids, though. Strongest I ever took was Ibuprofen.

Blog Entries
    Just took about 8g of White Bali, let's see what happens!

Blog Entries
    White Bali at 8g did nothing except make me a bit lightheaded for about 20 minutes.

Blog Entries
    3 days of Kratom and I am holding 4 lb of water all of a sudden. Anyone experience this?

Blog Entries
    3 days of Kratom and I am holding 4 lb of water all of a sudden. Anyone experience this?
    No, it dries me out.

Are you taking it on an empty stomach? If not, or seriously affects absorption.

I'm having the same experience. I ordered a "sample pack" and got 1oz of 7 different types. I hade to take what I consider a large dose, 6-8g to notice anything.

My biggest problem is the inconsistency of the effects. One day, 7g will have a very relaxing feeling and the next day, not so much. Of the seven different strands I tried none had an energizing effect. All where either relaxing or no effect. I did notice going over 9g had a very negative effect. Hangover the next day, and in one case, severe diarrhea.

I'm still playing around with it but for me it seems really hard to dose. If you can get the dose and strain right it seems to work as advertised. But finding that sweet spot seems to be difficult. I'm not sure how much money I want to dump into this to find it.

Further, I can't report on the pain killing aspect which seems to be what everyone is interested in. I'm very lucky to not have any chronic pain after a lifetime of collision sports. My wife has chronic pain in her hands from work and I wanted to give it to her to try but I won't until I get all the dose and strain nonsense worked out.

If I figure it out I will let everyone know. Thanks to everyone who has participated in this thread so far. You have helped me a lot. I really think this can be a useful compound if you can get the strain and dose right.
    Last edited by Deal Me In; 02-04-2017 at 06:43 PM.
    956Vette likes this.

Blog Entries
    Taking a few day off trying this and "happy" to see I am not the only one having a problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information