Thread: gnc brand

tead09 is offline New Member

gnc brand

hey fellas what do you think of gnc house brand of supplements. i was strapped for time so i stopped in there today and got some protein and some glutamine. is that a quality brand of stuff or should i go with another

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Personally I hate GNC, there company is a piece of shit. Over priced, under educated staff, minimal selection. They are a all around joke IMO!! I cant believe you wasted you money on that store, why not order online if your "strapped for time?" save yourself some money
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    Personally I hate GNC, there company is a piece of shit. Over priced, under educated staff, minimal selection. They are a all around joke IMO!! I cant believe you wasted you money on that store, why not order online if your "strapped for time?" save yourself some money
    well i used to use beverly international for a long time but gnc is right across the street from my work and just stopped by. any other sugestions on the top protein and supplement line w/o all the hype

protein factory is good
    pro-rated is good
    optimum nutrition is good
    allthewhey is good
    there is a alot of powders out there that compare to GNC but even better.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

protein factory is good
    pro-rated is good
    optimum nutrition is good
    allthewhey is good
    there is a alot of powders out there that compare to GNC but even better.
    yes i do like optimum nutrition alot but they did not havec any good flavors i ahte chclate and that is all thety had what do you recomend for glutamine and glucosamine?

GNCGUY83 is offline Junior Member
    abstrack, tell us how you really feel about gnc. they aint that bad, prices are a little high but the products are decent. we dont sell a lot of proteins and creatines but mostly vitamins. personally i dont give a damn either way.....

Quote Originally Posted by GNCGUY83
    abstrack, tell us how you really feel about gnc. they aint that bad, prices are a little high but the products are decent. we dont sell a lot of proteins and creatines but mostly vitamins. personally i dont give a damn either way.....

Prices decent??? Give me a break. You can find everyday of the week at allsportsnutrition or 1fast400 or dpsnutrition prices that beat out gnc even with their gold savings and first of the month deals!!

You want vitamins?? you can get the same vitamins in better quality from NOW Foods . Supplement direct sells there products really cheap!!

For the money wasted at gnc I could go out and buy myself a month more of protein powder, so why would I waste my time there??

Do you see any logic in this???
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Prices decent??? Give me a break. You can find everyday of the week at allsportsnutrition or 1fast400 or dpsnutrition prices that beat out gnc even with their gold savings and first of the month deals!!

You want vitamins?? you can get the same vitamins in better quality from NOW Foods . Supplement direct sells there products really cheap!!

For the money wasted at gnc I could go out and buy myself a month more of protein powder, so why would I waste my time there??

Do you see any logic in this???
    read again what i wrote, i said the prices were high but their products are decent.......damn i guess you could cry about it, i seriously dont care as long as i get a damn pay check

Getting a pay check seems to be the requirement for most GNC employees, since half of them could tell you the difference from a dumbbell to a barbell.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Getting a pay check seems to be the requirement for most GNC employees, since half of them could tell you the difference from a dumbbell to a barbell.
    Hey abstrack...... breath brother, breath!!!!!!!

You are right though, the prices suck big donkey di..... , I'll admit, the products themselves aren't half bad but WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY overpriced especially for the quality. I for one will not, even if there were no other supps store on the planet, walk into another GNC again.

I am not vexed or anything, i really dont care what people do but I will sure voice my opinion and continue my march to protest GNC products and prices untill people wise up:
    abstrack@protonmail.com

you seem to have a lot of training experience too....

and cycle experience judging from your profile.......ass

I sure hope that is a typo in your post
    abstrack@protonmail.com

tell us why we should listen to you

YOu have turned a fine discussion and good thread into the wrong direction. I think you need to reliterate what you say and how you speak to another member on this board. I will not go into a name calling game or any type of childish banter.

-- I dont need to prove to you why anybody should listen to my logic or knowledge. I have helped many people and gave out tons of advice, rather the next person took it or not but my helping hand has always been there. I will further to educate all members on how much money they can save from not going to your pathetic store of employment. I will continue to support my board and other supplement companies that are willing to go that extra mile for their members.
    Last edited by abstrack; 07-03-2003 at 02:26 PM.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Ok guys, both of ya need to chill out before this goes any farther. gncguy83, all I can say is that better be a typo cause if you're calling abstrack an ass..... it'll be your ass being banned! Now both cool it alright, there's no reason you two can't keep this matter civilized.

Wrong direction??? Were on topic, just tell us why we should value your opinion. i mean, personally the only problem i see with gnc are the prices. look, im not trying to be an asshole, theres better protein but its decent. its not as bad as you make it out to be

gncguy83, don't tkaeit personally if anyone here badmouths GNC. No one is attacking you, it's just common knowledge that GNC prices are particularly high when compared to most on-line supp sites, and some other supplement stores. I'm sure you have plenty of knowledge to share and don't want to see anyone get banned or not post here anymore.

Big T thanks but i was cool with all of it . There was no need for his comment and we could have kept things civilized. I have been around long enough to know how to have a conversation or a disagreement on this board, i have earned that respect.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Brother, just trying to cover your azz.... Also I don't want to see a new memeber get kicked off.

seriously, its not like im loyal to gnc or anything, i really dont care. its not like i make extra money if i sell a certain product or anything. online is hella cheaper, if you can get it online for half the price than do it. who cares.......

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Brother, just trying to cover your azz.... Also I don't want to see a new memeber get kicked off.
    Thanks bro I hear ya!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by GNCGUY83
    online is hella cheaper, if you can get it online for half the price than do it.

My point exactly!! Thats why I will continue to point people in the right direction when asked. I dont make it a daily mission but Ted09 asked and I gave him the low down. I just saved him a ton of time and money
    abstrack@protonmail.com

AndroholiK is offline Junior Member
    GNC have good products. However, every product they have taste like shit and once I found out you can order stuff online, GNC became a joke...

fabulous, then everyones happy.....

ColdSore is offline Banned
    GNC is a great for those older women and men who dont know any better...but abstrack is right we need to educate members more about supplements online (allsportsnutrition), and some need to even be educated about supplements period. I have freinds that go to the local GNC for answers and it makes me sick, their products might be decent or comparative, but they do not beat any competitors in any category. And I for one am not for supporting a "money hungary" corporate bussiness that employes people with absolutely no knowlege of supplementation, or nutrition. and fuk NO2...just thought i would say that.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Fuck N02 indeed. I blew 50 dollars on that shit and got nothing at all. I wish I would have saved it for a down payment on a good prohormone cycle.

GNCDude- you might want to change your name, It appears gnc doesn't strike a happy chord with most members.

GNCGUY83- please don't let this discourage you aout posting here. I'm sure you have some sort of knowledge to share wit hthe board and uy all means please do. Like I said, anything negative said about GNC, do not take it personally. So I say, why don't we just let this thread die off already.

Feli Fly is offline Junior Member
    I don't see anything wrong with GNC products... except prices... their rates (even sale) on glutamine, creatine, protein, etc (their own brand and others they carry) are kinda nuts...

Since vitamins are cheap anywhere, I will buy GNC brand vitamins (E, C, or B5) when they are on sale just for convenience sometimes, but they can usually be found even cheaper elsewhere... I also considered their glucosamine/chondroitin when it was on sale, but found some cheaper online too.

Thread Information