wannagainweight is offline New Member

I wanna gain weight

Hello everyone... I am really glad a site like this exists. Maybe someone here can help me...I will give as much info about myself to get a good answer..

I am 29 (30 in Dec.), i am 5'7" 135lbs. I have approx 10% body fat..
    When I was 19, in the army, weighed 165lbs...

My workout.. just starting back again (weights every other day) and 5 times a week Brazilian Jiu Jitsu... ( I consider this cardio by the way we train) lot of stamina building.

I wanna get back to my 165lb weight... (Muscle memory Im sure will help)

Are their any suppliments I can take.. how much, if any (what kind) and how much Carbs, protein, should be a daily intake for me.. and Before or After workout???

Thanks all.. and by the way came here originally for steroid help, but read alot, and realize I have a lot of natural growth to gain.. so I wouldnt need it... Thanks for all the knowledge I have learned so far...

AndroholiK is offline Junior Member
    Hey man, I'm glad you decided to gain some weight. Do some research first on bulking up and supplements, all the information is around you just have to read up.

I can give you some simple advice:
    -Supplements
    1) whey protein ( is a must)
    2) creatine ( not a must, but will help a lot)
    3) glutamine ( not really needed, but can help in recovering your muscle quicker)

-Food
    Eat 1.5 grams of protein per pound in your weight. So if you weigh 135 lbs, try to eat around 200 grams of protein a day. As a bodybuilder you need 5-6 meals a day. You have to eat at once when you wake up and before your sleep as well. Spread the protein out so you get 40-50 grams in each meal.
    Carbohydrates to consume:
    brown rice
    oatmeal
    pasta
    whole wheat bread
    etc, etc.

I'd shoot for at least over 350 carbs a day.

Postworkout:
    40 grams whey with dextrose, ( gatorade will work).

Most importantly, don't overtrain and have a good workout routine and give your workout your best in the gym.

Good luck, hope I helped you some.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    eat till you cant eat anymore...then wait 2 hours and do it again...as long as its clean you wont put on to much fat...no mater what supplememnts you take youll never gain unless you have a well planned diet.

repeatoffender is offline Junior Member
    As for the weight gain, I love Muscle Milk Banana Creme in a milkshake. I blend it with vanilla ice cream and milk, and I figure that a nice shake like that is 1000 calories, and that is after a meal. Also, look up some stuff on ergopharm 1-AD. I bet with your training, good protein, a good diet and that 1-AD, you'd put some good weight on in reasonable time. I went from 151 to 160 in about 11 weeks, so I'm happy with it.

Feli Fly is offline Junior Member
    Good advice from AndroHolik... agreed.

Can't really recommend a certain number of carbs though... that really depends on your activity level and metabolism.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Don't forget a daily multivitamin. For protein shakes I'd suggest Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. It's cheap, I take double scoops 3 times a day. Thats about 130g protein daily right there. Also, if you're going to do 1-AD, I'd definately recommend taking 6-oxo about halfway through your cycle to past the end. I had a buddy of mine who just took 1-AD no 6-oxo and he lost the 10 lbs and strength right after his cycle. You could also try stacking the 1-AD with 4-AD.

Feli Fly is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    ... Whey. It's cheap, I take double scoops 3 times a day. Thats about 130g protein daily right there...
    Good advice, bro, but be careful with the whey... you should get as much as possible from real foods first (chicken, tuna, eggs, other dairy, etc).

I try to keep my diet's limit from supps to about a shake per day, and maybe a bar or 2 also if I'm trying to bulk and need lunch for a long day at school/work. If I use much more supp protein than that, I will need some good toilet paper.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I don't really have a problem with the shits from protein, I also eat protein during meals from tuna, chicken, milk, etc.

rotunda is offline Junior Member
    At , I'd definitely start off with some N-large. Although it's high in sugar, I don't think this should concern you at 135. In the beginning, I would say eat whatever you want as long as you eat a lot if it. Don't get too picky about fats and carbs, etc. Just eat anything and take those N-large shakes twice a day. Of course, work out to pack some muscle. When you think you're getting too tubby, cut down on the fat and switch from N-large to regular protein shakes. I started out at 140. Now I hover at around 170 in the span of a year. I did the same as I have said and threw in some creatine once in a while. If using creatine, load it for a week and then take 5g per day for 2 months. Then take a month off and go again. Almost a surefire way to gain weight quickly, some of which may be fat.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i like the champion heavyweight gainer 900. you could buy 7 pounds for $25 and its the best tasting chocolate ever.

Thread Information