Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By hammerheart
  • 2 Post By DocToxin8

Thread: Infrequent use of stimulants for fat loss

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member

Infrequent use of stimulants for fat loss

How effective is running stims once every few days (clen , ephedrine, caffeine etc...).

Most protocols for stuff is continious use for weeks or 2 weeks on and off for beta agonists.

Does anyone have any experience in less volume of them and does it work? Wondering purely if the effect that comes from it is due to the build up in your system or its active life in your body for the short period of time its in the body.

Using stims continiously raises my anxiety levels. I can tolerate it pre workout on occassion but not everyday. I dont like becoming normalised to stims either.

Thank you

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Chronic use will eventually lead to overstimulation of adrenoceptors and down-regulation will follow. That means you will need an higher dose to feel any effect, or worse, just to feel normal. Occasional use I guess is effective as a pre-workout, not commenting on cut cycles as I'm don't have any experience in that area.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Yes id really rather avoid my body aclimatising to stimulants to feeling on them is horrific to me. However i enjoy thrm as a preworkout in the evening.

I peronally think id be wasting my time thinking its going to do much for fat loss

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Stims will increase lipolysis right away,
    so you don't need to stay on for it to work.
    There is however a limit to how much fat you can burn in just a day or a few hours.
    Another problem with using them for just one day is that you might get a rebound appetite which negates any effect on fat.

I don't use stims for cutting,
    but I'd say just use a modest amount of caffeine daily and it will increase lipolysis a little without negative sides.
    I've noticed that when I need Ritalin (for concentration) I see effects on fat within days to a week, but I think that's more because of increased activity plus a small reduction in food intake than any direct effect on lipolysis.

Ephedrine should in theory be more effective than Ritalin for lipolysis.

I've never used clen so can't comment on that, except to say the very idea of being stimulated by a beta agonist 24/7 sounds awful to me.

Not sure if I made mich sense here.
    AKD_FitChick and hollowedzeus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    Stims will increase lipolysis right away,
    so you don't need to stay on for it to work.
    There is however a limit to how much fat you can burn in just a day or a few hours.
    Another problem with using them for just one day is that you might get a rebound appetite which negates any effect on fat.

I don't use stims for cutting,
    but I'd say just use a modest amount of caffeine daily and it will increase lipolysis a little without negative sides.
    I've noticed that when I need Ritalin (for concentration) I see effects on fat within days to a week, but I think that's more because of increased activity plus a small reduction in food intake than any direct effect on lipolysis.

Ephedrine should in theory be more effective than Ritalin for lipolysis.

I've never used clen so can't comment on that, except to say the very idea of being stimulated by a beta agonist 24/7 sounds awful to me.

Not sure if I made mich sense here.
    yes that made total sense thanks doc. thats what i was wondering whether it would have an immediate effect on fat breakdown. not a fan of taking stims everyday so i guess it is somewhat worth taking it every couple of days.

thank you

prenes is offline Junior Member
    ok how to break the stims addiction then?

matt thebeard is offline Junior Member
    I use them on an ad hoc basis, I wont for example run clen on heavy quad day as I don't like the way it males me feel when pushing hard in the gym, big leg workout makes me feel ill enough without additional forces but I will run them on 3 - 4 days a week to "boost" metabolic rate currently alternating between clen and t5, not sure how much difference its having to the normal cal deficit but the mirror and scales are looking pretty good so somethings happening for sure. how do you prove the true effectiveness I wonder? in my case id rather add them they I am than not and any gain is a gain right?

Couchlock is offline Banned
    I'm,in,bad trouble.

75-100mg ephedrine a day plus 750-1g of caffeine, nicotine gum, and coffee not counted in the above figure

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    I'm,in,bad trouble.

75-100mg ephedrine a day plus 750-1g of caffeine, nicotine gum, and coffee not counted in the above figure
    Nah, you'll be fine.
    I once used 600mg l-ephedrine for months on end. (Don't ever start with such a high dose, that can actually kill you)
    When I quit I was just fatigued for a couple of days, no biggie.
    But don't quit the caffeine on the same time.

Couchlock is offline Banned
    I know, I get crippling headaches if I don't get 200mg in me first thing in am

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    I know, I get crippling headaches if I don't get 200mg in me first thing in am
    That's the problem with caffeine.
    But you can reduce it gradually, but no point to withdraw from it completely IMO.
    2-300mg a day is just healthy IMO.

Thread Information