RAMMEL is offline Junior Member

When should I take WHEY and when should I take CASEIN?

At the moment I include WHEY protein powder in my Breakfast, PWO Shake and PWO2 Meal.

I've just bought some CASEIN protein powder to take before I go to bed, as advised by other AR users.

Should I replace the WHEY with CASEIN in any of the other meals where I use protein powder?

Also, when should I include FLAXSEED OIL in my diet, and what should I take it with?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I would use the casien in all of them except pre and post workout shakes, uise the whey in those 2. Hope this helps.

So the only meal I should use the Whey in is my 1st P.W.O. Meal (Shake), and I should use the Casein in my 2nd P.W.O. Meal, is that correct???

I don't take a Pre-Workout Shake but I do have a Tuna S/wich about 1 hour before training, is this ok?

The sandwhich is fine. Use the whey in your PWO shake, than for your 2 PWO meals use real food, say chicken and rice, than use the casien again for a shake before bed.

The only problem is, I don't think I will have time to prepare any meat to have for my breakfast or for my PWO 2 Meal. I usually just have some Oatmeal with some Whey mixed in. If I replace the Whey with Casein Powder will this be an adequate alternative?

I know I should get more protein from 'real foods' but I just don't have the time to be cooking chicken, beef, turkey, etc. I do however eat a lot of tuna fish while I'm at work.

For breakfast the casien is fine, but I would definatly try to get some real food pwo, but if al ya can manage is the shakes than stick with whey pwo shake, whey 1st pwo meal and casien the 2nd.

Thread Information