Thread: multivitamins

Crotchrocket is offline New Member

Question multivitamins

I know you're suppossed to use multivitamins. Is there a difference from the stuff you can get @ walgreens vs the stuff you get at gnc and all pro?

Ironweb is offline Member
    I do not buy from GNC they are a rip off. You can get your multi V at Walmart pretty cheap. I use One Source active. Do not waste too much money on a multi V, save it for your protein. One thing I can tell you about Walmart is that they have their own audit team and they will go into a manufacturing facility and do an OSHA type audit. If something does not meet standard they will give you 30 days to correct it. If you do not they will drop you. That is why I buy my pills at Walmart.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I used to use the multi-vitamin like Centrum, but those are a joke if you workout like we do. I now use Mega Man Gold from gnc. They are pretty good and until I find something better I'll keep using them.

xplicit is offline Member
    I dont have any wal marts near me. I take centrium and they arent doing anything, i should go and check out the mega mans cause peopel tell me there one of the better multi vitamins to take.

Pump_30 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xplicit
    I dont have any wal marts near me. I take centrium and they arent doing anything, i should go and check out the mega mans cause peopel tell me there one of the better multi vitamins to take.
    They aren't doing anything? What the fuck you expect to get from taking a multi?

popa is offline Senior Member
    go to a body building store to get your multi vits. you want a vitiman pak that has a high content of V-B's and wallmart and drug stores dont carry muti vits that has that

xplicit is offline Member
    Popa which multi vitmains do you use ?

popa is offline Senior Member
    I use ISS research muli-vits

SuccessPlan is offline New Member
    Hey guys...new member here. Since it seems you all are fairly well versed in nutrition, I want your opinion on my multi-vitamin. It has 123 ingredients in it.

http://www.longevitynetwork.com/vlist.shtml

I would like to hear your thoughts.

Brian
    [email protected]
    www.successplan.com

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=SuccessPlan.com]Hey guys...new member here. Since it seems you all are fairly well versed in nutrition, I want your opinion on my multi-vitamin. It has 123 ingredients in it.

http://www.longevitynetwork.com/vlist.shtml

I would like to hear your thoughts.

=======================================

Good gawd almighty! These things must be as big as golf balls . . .
    Aside from that, they've got a lot of stuff that really won't do much of anything, like extracts from various fruits and veggies, various forms of zinc when one good one will do . . . Oh yah, and the amounts of other minerals seems pretty light, probably get that much in a hamburger . . .
    Seems to be mostly a marketing gimmick to me.
    Probably need a multi-vit with
    A - 20,000 IU's
    B - Get one with a B-complex, 75's of everything (25's would probably be plenty). It'll make your pee bright yellow, so don't freak out when it happens . .
    C - They never put enough of this in their pills; I get 'em seperate, take two 1000 mg tabs a day
    D - No more than what's in the multi-vit; this stuff can build up in ya and cause problems. Stand in the sun and get plenty; your body makes it from sunshine.
    E - 800 IU's -- again, I take these seperate like the vit C's.

Everything else you can get from a reasonable diet, like a few greens for vit K and some minerals, beef for more trace minerals & vits, milk and eggs and dark green veggies for calcium . . .
    Stuff like bee pollen and spirulina won't do much for ya, really, except attract bees and make you think you swallowed pond scum (which is what spirulina really is) . . .

So, my advice is just stick with the basics and eat a reasonably varied diet, and you'll have everything you really need. I get the gel vitamins from puritans pride
    www.puritan.com I think that's it . . . works for me . . . gets good reviews from other frugal pals, too . . .

--Tock

mdd
    mdd is offline Junior Member
    ASN has twinlab one daily 180ct for 20 bucks. pretty reasonable if u ask me

Tuggy is offline Associate Member
    I use MegaMen, but I hate GNC. I am looking to change.

Thread Information