GenuinePL is offline Senior Member

Protein vs. Kidneys

I was thinking tonight and I remembered one thing. Two years ago when I started working out I went to nutritionist. She told me that if you consume more than 1g/lb of protein for more than 5 months it puts stress on you kidneys. C'mon most of us get 2g/lb (400g/day). Is that true, it really makes me wonder right now. If yes, then how can we help the kidneys out on this one.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I believe people take Cranberry Extract for urinary tract infections. But, that stuff goes straight to the kidney's and I have heard many AS users supplement this herb. Bro, i've been eating high protein for years, and I'm still here.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Yea I know, everyone eat shit load of protein. The only reason that I asked that becasue it just came on my mind and made me wonder.

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    The fact is, everything is bad for you. Anything that makes you use your kidney or liver is bad for you in a sense. Over years large protein intake can result in kidney stones, but they can be prevented. Drink water, a lot of water every day. Somewhere in the neighborhood of a gallon. I did it for a little while, but its a giant pain in the a**. Every ten seconds your in the bathroom. I figure I'll take my chances with stones. I mean, its comparable to child birth right? If a woman can do it, I sure as h**l can. No offence ladies. Besides, if you get stones real bad you go to the hospital and the give you morphine. Then you have a story to tell your grandkids. lol

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    No are no long term studies on the effects of "excessive" amounts of protein have on the kidneys keep you body hydrated take your anti oxidants and you should be OK.

Thread Information