cpjones13 is offline New Member

Unhappy Amino Fuel 1000....

I am brand new to bodybuilding. I am curious about two things:

1) I am trying to lower my BF % by doing mainly cardio in the am and pm. I did, however, just buy 250 tablets of Twinlab Amino Fuel 1000. (I bought it for $16.89..is that a good price? it seemed so to me) When and how often should I use them. Are they used in conjunction with the 140-180g of protein I get through my diet? I'm not really hitting the weights hard yet and I don't want to waste them.

2) What are the benefits of dextrose? Is it only for Post WO? Should I hold off on getting it until I hit the weights a little harder? I'm doing mainly cardio to get myself back in shape...(ex-smoker, 22%BF, 6'5" 230lbs)

Any advice would be great!!

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    i wouldn't really worry about paying too much with a $16 supplement, but if your concerned about it I looked it up and saw most places sell it online anywhere from $17-$18 so you didn't do bad.

Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement of natural amino acids (protein) for adults, take 2-4 tablets with each meal or as recommended by a professional trainer.

that came from a web site, however I've found that with most supplements you need to adjust the serving to your own personal needs. no i'm not saying take 20 tablets a day, i'm just saying find a good amount that you like. hope that helps

--hawk

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    If I were you I'd mix dextrose with creatine and take it pre and post workout.

cpjones13 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    If I were you I'd mix dextrose with creatine and take it pre and post workout.
    I must listen to anyone who quotes the greatest band of all time.....TOOL!

someday is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones13
    I must listen to anyone who quotes the greatest band of all time.....TOOL!
    I just wanted to say good luck. But if I may offer a bit of advice. When I first started to lose weight I went on a low cal/mostly cardio diet. I did lose the weight(about 50 pounds in six months) but allot of it was muscle. When i went back to the weights i could barely bench 100 pounds for more than a couple of reps. What I'm trying to say is, IMHO, that it is extremely important for you to keep with the weights so you maintain that muscle mass and are burning more fat off than muscle. What I would do is go in the gym and hit the weights for a week. Write down what you are lifting now and how much. Keep with that weight even though the reps will probably drop. I think the biggest mistake i made was going by the scale on weight and not bodyfat. Thats just my two cents...take it or leave it.
    GOOD LUCK!

Thread Information