Thread: what to add????

Tedmax195 is offline Member

what to add????

just bought optimum nutritions strawberry flavored whey protein don't care for it too much for taste, what can i add thats easy and quick to make it taste a little better. please need help.

ptbyjason Guest
    I defiitely know what you mean on the strawberry. I still don't know why I bought mine. Here is what I do. I have the protein diet by them. I use a mixture of the vanilla 100% whey and strawberry Protein Diet (equal parts) and then make a shake with the two of them. The strawberry just doesn't taste good to me.

BTW, where did you get it and how much? Just curious.

I'll tell you what i paid for it but its in Canadian and it was on sale. i purchased it at my gym for 49.99 Canadian which is roughly 35.00 American. Thanks for the advice i'm also going to try to mix it with my chocolate whey protein and see what happens.
    Thanks again ptbyjason always appreciated

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

shakes

Actually, I sometimes add 2 measured scoops of flavored ice cream and some ice chips, blend and drink like a real shake. It's really pretty good. Not like a real shake but hell, better than nothing.

ptbyjason Guest
    Well yeah, anything with ice cream would taste better. I just won't allow myself to buy any of it because I know I will eat it all as soon as I get home. (Little weakness there) But that would definitely be an improvement over the standard shake, I will give you credit for that.

bravo11p is offline Associate Member

portioning

Try portioning your ice cream in smaller containers but eat before you do so, otherwise you'll want to sample as you go. Another trick you can use is buying the Hersheys strawberry topping, just like the chocolate syrup kind and adding about 2 teaspoons. Just blend it really well.
    P.S. Hey ptbyjason, I have tried to add an avatar but it's always telling me it's to big and I've tried about 10 times. Any suggestions?????

ptbyjason Guest
    bravo: Just post it in a new thread bro. I will resize it and repost it for you to use.

BTW, the trick might work, but I can never think of a single time that I am not hungry. Even if I do eat first, I will still consider it dessert. Actually I am about to get extremely strict again, and when that happens the last thing on my mind will be ice cream.

njp
    njp is offline New Member
    What I add to my shakes are just some ice cubes and either frozen blueberries or strawberries, depends what I have at the time. Throw all of it in a blender, and the taste is much better.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    If you don't mind the calories add 1/2 oj or cranberry juice. that will make it palatable. The prob I find with the straw Optimum and their protein diet is that it's too sweet. You can buy sugar free Quick to add some flavor.

Thanks for all the responses guys, i tried adding light peanut butter and that worked pretty good but like someone was saying its just too sweet. I'd like to add ice cream but i'm on a diet so that is out of the question thanks again for the advice guys.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    What I do sometimes,. (call me a cheater), but I buy the Hersey's strawberry syrup and put a teaspoon or tablespoon in my shake (depending on how much I am making in one mix) and it helps the taste tremedously. And I know it is sugar, but a tablespoon won't kill ya..

Thread Information