• 1 Post By s1nc1ty
  • 2 Post By Cylon357
  • 1 Post By Ghostman_SW
  • 1 Post By Ghostman_SW
  • 1 Post By Mooseman33

Thread: Anti-Anxiety Supps

Ghostman_SW is offline Junior Member

Anti-Anxiety Supps

Phenibut seems to have the most calming effect and provide a good night's sleep. Lately it has given me some withdrawl headaches but that was at larger doses.

While not as effective but still has a calming effect, I used 5-HTP with some success as of late.

GABA didn't do anything for me but I hear it recommended quite often.

Ashwagandha would be ranked below 5-HTP but still much better than GABA.

Anyone have experience with any of these or others?

BryanZ was the fucking man in this forum. Back around the mid-2000's I loved reading his posts in here. I hope all is well with him and thanks Bryan for all the great advice back then.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    what kind of anxiety are we talking about here. before sleep atm im taking 2 pills of magnesium glycinate, 1 pill of zinc and 25 mg of ketipinor on workdays to make sure i fqll asleep fast enough to get rest
    Ghostman_SW likes this.

1beardedalpha is offline Junior Member
    Delta 8 gummies
    Benadryl
    Magnesium ( not sure what kind )

Some people say for gaba u need b6 and l-tyrosine for it to work
    Zma helps

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Ghostman_SW likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    what kind of anxiety are we talking about here. before sleep atm im taking 2 pills of magnesium glycinate, 1 pill of zinc and 25 mg of ketipinor on workdays to make sure i fqll asleep fast enough to get rest
    Something to keep your mind from racing with thoughts before bed. Calming effect.

Quote Originally Posted by 1beardedalpha View Post
    Delta 8 gummies
    Benadryl
    Magnesium ( not sure what kind )

Some people say for gaba u need b6 and l-tyrosine for it to work
    Zma helps

Just bought some Everest Delta-8 Blue Raspberry gummies. Expensive but going to give these a try.
    Last edited by Ghostman_SW; 07-08-2022 at 08:24 PM.
    1beardedalpha likes this.

Livingabetterlife is offline Junior Member
    I’ve read that weed edibles don’t negatively interact with test injections? I’ve also read the test alone does well to get rid of anxiety and helps with dealing with stress in general

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman_SW View Post
    Just bought some Everest Delta-8 Blue Raspberry gummies. Expensive but going to give these a try.
    My mom likes them . She says one gets her high for like 5 hours. I've personally never had them. This is what my mom bought the other day. She's in a non legal state . So am I, but I'm on the Stateline so 12 minutes to dispensary. It actually takes longer at the dispensary than to go to and from

Ghostman_SW likes this.

956Vette is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Usually better off saving money on most (cash grab) anxiety supplements which are largely snake oil, jmo.
    Ghostman_SW likes this.

My mom likes them . She says one gets her high for like 5 hours. I've personally never had them. This is what my mom bought the other day. She's in a non legal state . So am I, but I'm on the Stateline so 12 minutes to dispensary. It actually takes longer at the dispensary than to go to and from

I live in a nonlegal state as well so this was a big help. Is your mom young or old? Mine has joint issues (in 70's). Wondering if this would help with that...

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette View Post
    Usually better off saving money on most (cash grab) anxiety supplements which are largely snake oil, jmo.
    I agree for the most part. Phenibut does give me higher sleep scores on my Fitbit Sense. Nothing has been comparable to it....from a supplement that is.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    I agree for the most part. Phenibut does give me higher sleep scores on my Fitbit Sense. Nothing has been comparable to it....from a supplement that is.
    Phenibut is something I would classify as more drug than supplement. No doubt it can be effective...difficult to recommend to loved ones.
    Ghostman_SW and Cylon357 like this.

Phenibut is something I would classify as more drug than supplement. No doubt it can be effective...difficult to recommend to loved ones.
    If used sparingly, you wouldn't recommend it to a family member?

Blog Entries
    If used sparingly, you wouldn't recommend it to a family member?
    good question, the ones I love less, sure

from the hip, my take is the majority of us burn upwards of a grand on these degenerate otc supplements while young...rare to find a long-term advocate, pardon the boomer commentary

I'd hope my children get away from purchasing such chemicals beyond a bottle & are quicker than I was to seek professional help to work through health challenges
    Ghostman_SW likes this.

I live in a nonlegal state as well so this was a big help. Is your mom young or old? Mine has joint issues (in 70's). Wondering if this would help with that...
    My mom is like 60 , but has a pretty active job with walking and lifting so she's in decent shape for her age. If ur mom has gummies she'll be high as balls bro . My mom uses like 20mg ones . The 250mg knock her on her ass. My mom is like 5'9 220 but she can still unload a Uhaul and go up and down steps

Ghostman_SW likes this.

My mom is like 60 , but has a pretty active job with walking and lifting so she's in decent shape for her age. If ur mom has gummies she'll be high as balls bro . My mom uses like 20mg ones . The 250mg knock her on her ass. My mom is like 5'9 220 but she can still unload a Uhaul and go up and down steps

The ones I bought are 20mg. Thanks for the warning on the higher dose.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Against the pre sleep anxiety, half of it is in your head. If you plan your pre sleep activities good enough and take control of your mind not to start thinking crazy shit when its sleep time but to think of something peacful while you are waiting for falling in sleep, that should fix it 75 % of times. For me if i think of the mistakes i made in life, ex-s etc then my mind will go crazy i will never fall asleep and get anxiety. But if i think of training, good things etc i fall asleep easy. Its also important to not think of those things that make you anxious like couple of hours before you go to sleep atleast.
    If you really have big anxiety, then doctors can prescribe meds for helping to fall asleep. I have ketipinors. i dont really need them i just have a prescribtion .I dont always take them and most of the nigthts i can fall asleep easy but if i feel i might not fall asleep or some evening i have bigger anxiety or im just not tired enough when its sleep time, i pop one of those too. that ensures i go to sleep in 30-40 min max.. its like an sleep insurance. Back in the day i took 100 mg ketipionr, i didnt need it then either but i jsut told the doctor to keep giving me bigger dose. with 100 mg its 45 min and goodbye. now the one i take is 25 mg and thats enough for my "sleep insurance " when i need it.
    Ghostman_SW likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Phenibut is both a blessing and a curse for me. I got started (hooked?) on it from a Biotest product called Z-12, a sleep aid. That shit works! BUT, the main ingredient is... phenibut. I didn't know shit about it at the time, was just like 'omg, there is FINALLY something that zonks me out' and just proceeded to use it.

Flash forward 4+ years, and now I'm trying to kick that habit. I don't really think it is causing me any harm per se, other than not being able to sleep well without it (which does suck, but isn't different than before), but I don't want to be dependent on it. I've heard that kicking can be tough, so I expect it to take a year or so, gradually lowering the dose and frequency.

I may log that process somewhere, doubtful but may. I don't have a particularly addictive personality or struggle with addiction, so it shouldn't be overly difficult, just gotta find something else to take its place because sleep is an issue for me.
    956Vette and Ghostman_SW like this.

The ones I bought are 20mg. Thanks for the warning on the higher dose.
    Have u tried them yet ?

Have u tried them yet ?

Everest never sent them so I contacted Everest and they said they were out of stock of Blue Raspberry and it would be another two weeks. Would of been nice if they had let me know! I switched to Peach flavor and they should be here by this coming Monday.

Took the Delta 8 gummy and it was the worst experience of my life as far supps or meds go.

The shit stayed in effect for over 24 hours! Terrible memory, couldn't maintain a conversation without my mind getting confused, anxiety, panic, etc.

Never again. I felt beyond terrible.
    956Vette likes this.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    stay away from delta 8. wtf is wrong with all of you, that shit is dangerous as there is no regulation.

and yes, I know exactly how it is made, and all the shit wrong with it.
    956Vette likes this.

Thread Information