hawktribal is offline Senior Member

--Why Can't I Put On Weight Posts--

i'm sorry, but i'm just gonna rant in this post. i'm getting sick of all the "why can't i put on weight?" & "what supps will make me put on weight?" posts

here's the deal. you want to put on weight? start eating more. there's a secret formula to put on weight. you ready for it?

calories eaten > calories burned

there it is folks, the magic formula. if you can't put on weight it's because your diet sucks, not because your not taking the right supplements. sorry just had to get that out

--hawk

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Amen

xxxl83

CaliPump is offline New Member
    Amen yes but with an amendment. With those calories take in enough protien. I remember when I was young and used to say no matter how much I eat I cannot gain weight. Well truth is looking back I probably only ate around 3-4 thous cals a day of junk. Probably consumed less than 100 grams of protien a day. So yes eat but eat the right things. You can consume 8 thous cals but if its all simple sugars then you still will have no muscle.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    thats also a good one for people who cant loose weight DIET people come on

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    ya " I eat all the time and I cant gain weight", so Im like really? what did you eat for the last week? " I cant remember"....... well theres your problem if you dont know what your eating and when your eating it you cant correct the prob. Hawk im with you I get that shit all the time im so feed up with it now im like "really well thats to bad" and I walk away.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats another reason why I hang in the lounge MORE often. I have trouble gaining weight. The only difference is I know why. Well maybe if I post it and ask why then the reason why I cant will just dissapear. Maybe someone will say, its not your fault, you will gain weight next week, and suddenly I will start to gain weight.
    FUCK. SPEND MORE MONEY ON FOOD YOU CHEAP BASTARDS. Quit buying video games and taking your chick out to 40 dollar movie night every weekend and then buy weight gainer. Maybe you NEED 6000 calories because you have a super fast metab. SO EAT 7000 calories. FUCK

hey bermich heres one for ya...... "Im shooting like 2 grams of test a week and cant gain weight, how come?" hehe well eat more. "O you need to eat? shit I thought I turned fat into muscle." LOL this guy was DUMB!!!!!

LOL. Are you serious???
    ALSO. 2 grams a week????
    Did you hit him just because....????

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    hey bermich heres one for ya...... "Im shooting like 2 grams of test a week and cant gain weight, how come?" hehe well eat more. "O you need to eat? shit I thought I turned fat into muscle." LOL this guy was DUMB!!!!!
    at first i was kinda pissed when i started this thread but after reading that.....

--hawk

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    at first i was kinda pissed when i started this thread but after reading that.....

--hawk

he only had like 4 grams thinking if he did it for 2 weeks he'd be good to go. HEHE I was seriuosly shocked. I shoulda slapped him and took his shit!! 8)

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Hawk, I think this post would be a good one for the Q & A. Simple as it seems, some people just don't know. Shit I didn't realize how important eating was til about 2 months ago. I've only put on 6 pounds of lean mass in the last month and a half since my diet got serious, but hey its permanant and I'm satisfied. So bumpty bump.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Bigol’legs hit an important item, well one I think is pretty damn important, with knowing what you put in your body today, yesterday and last week. How will you know what is working if you don’t make a record of what you are doing? IMO, nothing is more valuable than a log book, one for your diet and one for your workout routine. How will you know where your failures and successes are if you haven’t bothered to track them. It’s easy to just say “I eat 3000-4000 calories a day” but when you track every item you consume you can for SURE know if you actually did eat those calories you needed.

I take the extra time to record what I do so when my weight goes up or drops I can look back over the week and make corrections to my diet. Same goes for lifting, just makes it a lot easier for me to know what I need to throw on the bar based on my last entry as opposed to guessing what I need to do.

Any of you bro keep records of your routines and diet?

Hawk, truer words have never been spoken. You want to gain then freakin eat BUT eat clean. Chicken, steak, tuna will do more for you than pizza, hamburgers and fried chicken. If you can’t eat any more than three times a day……………….find another hobby, doesn’t matter if your trying to gain or lose that three squares a day crap is gone with the dinosaurs.

Jugg

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    This isn't quite as annoying as the "How can i gain muscle and lose fat?" threads.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    well, there newbies. you should expect questions like that. Everyone starts somewhere, there here trying to learn, go easy on them fellas.

Hey Jugg thans. I dont even keep a journal except for measurments. But I know what Im eating all the time and If you asked me what I ate 3-4 weeks ago and since then I could tell you what,how much and when.

So I need to find a new hobby because I cant find time to eat more than 3 meals a day????????????
    Hmm. Damn. I guess I will have to go back to making bird houses or something.

Hey bermich if you stop it'll give you more time to persue those "girlfriend's best friends" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Wun
    well, there newbies. you should expect questions like that. Everyone starts somewhere, there here trying to learn, go easy on them fellas.
    i know you should expect ?'s like that, but it gets a little annoying when you see the same question every other line in a forum. i'm not trying to be a dick about it, i was just sick of seeing the same exact posts line after line.

--hawk

Quote Originally Posted by hawktribal
    i know you should expect ?'s like that, but it gets a little annoying when you see the same question every other line in a forum. i'm not trying to be a dick about it, i was just sick of seeing the same exact posts line after line.

--hawk
    NO MATTER how you word it, you are gonna come across a post that is contradicting what you say. If you tell someone a really informative answer you will get a post later down saying " JUST USE THE SEARCH BUTTON, they should be able to find that information. It is posted EVERYWHERE."
    If you post a thread like this one saying you are tired of seeing it you will then get a post saying" NEWBIES dont know any better, leave them alone and be polite. They are here to learn, not get bashed." Regardless of how polite you worded it.
    Of course there will be a post critcizing this post....

Thread Information