Terinox is offline The One & Only

Water VS Fruit Juice

Is it just better to drink water over things like fruit juice. Like OJ, Minute Maid, Welch's, etc...

Thnx
    Terinox

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    WATER!!!

I don't think that you want those useless sugars in your body.

KeyMastur is offline VET

Re: Water VS Fruit Juice

Originally posted by Terinox
    Is it just better to drink water over things like fruit juice. Like OJ, Minute Maid, Welch's, etc...

Thnx
    Terinox
    Like G PL said, it's just sugar. But, then again, you do need some Sugar for energy.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    gotta drink oj in the morning for your vitamin c, but they have alot sugars in them.. i drink only water, milk, or crystal light

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Lots of the clear stuff

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    K cool thnx.

And what if taking Creatine/Glutamine, just stick with water as well???

What type of Orange Juice, just the normal concentrated, 100% pure??? I know shit like Sunny D is full of bs right ?

Thnx
    Terinox

I would drink creatine with juice and mix the glutamine with protein.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I never drink juice because it is essentally sugar water with vitamin c in it. Take a vitamin c pill and water and you won't have to work quite as hard on you cardio. Some people say that sugar helps in the absorbtion of creatine, but this view has not been substantiated as far as I know.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Water, but a glass of pure juice is ok. Get some Tropicana orange juice, Mmmmmm!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Water is sooooo good for you. Like Dane said crystal light is good too. MMMMMM Strawberry-Kiwi is the shit

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored body fat. Studies have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat deposits.

Here’s why: The kidneys can’t function properly without enough water. When they don’t work to capacity, some of their load is dumped into the liver.

One of the liver’s primary functions is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for the body. But if the liver has to do some of the kidney’s work, it can’t operate at full throttle. Consequently, it metabolizes less fat; more fat remains stored in the body and weight loss stops.

Drinking plenty of water is the best treatment for fluid retention. When the body gets less water it perceives this as a threat to survival and begins to hold on to every drop. Water is stored in extracellular spaces (outside the cells). This shows up as swollen feet, legs, and hands.
    ------------------------------
    Can you say this about juice?

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    If you are looking to get the most out of your workouts and diet, drink water, NO EXCEPTIONS. Many (if not all juices) have sugar. I drink a glass of OJ a day, when I first wake up in the morning, loaded with sugar, but I know I will burn it off my lunch. Look at the carbs on the back of a OJ bottle. It is like 23-50 grams per glass. I am all into keeping your body full of nutrients, but as someone said, they make pills for that as well. if you are going to drink juices, make sure they are pure and contain Vitamin C and other viatmins, try to avoid the sugar, but it is almost impossible unless as Dane said, Chrystal Light is an awesome product. Sugar is probally the a BB worse enemy, when it comes to burning fat. Sugar is okay, don't get me wrong, but if you are consuming alot of carbs (simple sugars), good chance you body will store them as fat. Water contains nothing but what your body needs, no sugar, and is essential for your natural functions. Hope this helps.

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Terinox

And what if taking Creatine/Glutamine, just stick with water as well???
    You can take your creatine/glut combo with some grape juice if you don't mind the carbs but stay away from OJ

with creat/glut combo. Supposedly the acidity in the OJ degrades the crea/glut combo.

TheGame826 is offline Member

siera mist

has anyone noticed that diet siera mist has 0 caleries in it.

Thread Information