Dextrose is offline New Member

Creatine with no carb diet.

I know this question is going to sound dumb I just to see what people think. I have a friend who is going on a NO CARB diet to lose body fat. While on the diet he is looking to take creatin with no carbs. I know when creatin first came out some people would take it with water a still see gains im just wondering if this would while on a no carb diet. Since creatin only fills your body with water I would think it would but the gains might not be as good as if you were taking creatin with a simple carb like dextrose. Just looking for some expert suggestions thanks.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I think if hes going on a no-carb diet he shouldnt be looking to make any gains. Creatine does up take better with simple carbs. Tell him to make sure he does cycle his carbs for optimum loss and expect A LOT of muscle loss on no-carbs also.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    If he's trying to diet, why would he take creatine? Creatine, I find, makes me very bloated. Why would anybody want that while trying to cut?

Not a good idea anyways.

bigswole30 is offline Junior Member
    Creatine has great oral bioavailabilty. It is fine to take while on a no to low carb diet. As for bloating it is not a problem b/c the water is held in the muscle not subcutaneously. It will help him hold on to muscle while dieting as well as improve ATP levels to get him through his workouts.

bigswole30 is offline Junior Member
    On another note tell him to try muscle synergy by Beverly International. It is an awesome creatine/hmb/glutamine product. I used it during contest prep and actually gained muscle.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    I think if hes going on a no-carb diet he shouldnt be looking to make any gains. Creatine does up take better with simple carbs. Tell him to make sure he does cycle his carbs for optimum loss and expect A LOT of muscle loss on no-carbs also.
    Have you ever heard of Mauro DiPasquale's "Metabolic Diet"?

On another note, I don't really know how effective creatine would be on a low carb diet. Insulin levels should be more stable but I can't see insulin levels being high enough on a low carb diet to take more then a couple grams of creatine at once, so I would split it up your doses of creatine.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    A no-carb diet is not something someone should just jump into without doing research. The low to no carb can result in excess amounts of ketones released into the blood stream and can kill you. There has been cases of people dying from doing these types of diets. The reason I suggested you cycle your carbs is to prevent the excess amount of ketones. Not only do they and sugar cause frequent urination and deyhydration but they can effect your mental state. You need to be careful when trying to carb reduce.

Thread Information