peaker is offline Senior Member

Best way to take creatine

Just doing my loading stage now and i am taking each 5 gram serve with 15 grams of glucose. Has anyone else done it this way also.

Can anyone tell me the best way to take it

In the past i have just taken it with fruit juice.

Peak

Big Cat is offline New Member
    Start loading with 3 doses of 7 grams, equally spread out for 5 days, then drop to two doses of 5 grams for 8-10 weeks following that. In both cases use the first dose before breakfast and the last dose post-workout.

The ideal thing to mix it in is a weight gainer. Studies have conclusively shown that a mix of 50 grams of protein and 47 grams of carbs elicit an equally great insulin -mediated uptake response as an optimal dose of 96 grams of dextrose. Such a mix or better is generally found in weight gainers. Because it has roughly half the carbs its not as prone to cause fat gain like that sugary cell-crap is and because of the presence of the protein more of the insulin is actively used to store nutrients instead of depositing glucose in adipose layers. Since any respectable bulking cycle includes the help of a weight gainer to keep calories high anyway, you'd save a ton of money as well since all you need is a quality creatine powder.

Good post Big Cat!

Although I take my creatine much differently...... I usually take it with dextrose (which is included to save my life) after a 10iu (30iu if using 'R') shot of slin

If not on slin, though, your method sounds solid. I think I'll try it starting tomarrow (I am off slin at the moment).

Later

Plenty of gainers with large amounts of dextrose as well ...

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    Ok dont flame me for this, but doesnt gatorade provide a decent amount of dextrose and sucrose> Wouldnt that spike insulin levels and make a good cheap companion for creatine?

Yes, but a gainer remains the better choice because post-workout you need :

1.creatine
    2.something to spike the creatine
    3.loads of calories
    4.40-50 grams of protein at the least.

The gatorade will not provide the last two and will not provide as much effect on 2 either as the gainer would.

Peaker, After the loading stage (3 sets of 7 grams for 5 days), take one week (5 grams, 2.5 before, and 2.5 after the rain), and than take one week off. Then one on, one off and thats it. This is a good creatine cicle that gives all the creatine benefits and help from side effects such as acne and others.
    Taking creatine uring the train its interesting too.

Ah, and I like to take before the train with Maltodextrine, and some pineapple juice (pineapple, my nutricionist says it made you body absorve better the protein)

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by [Jiu-Jitsu*] BRAZIL
    (pineapple, my nutricionist says it made you body absorve better the protein)
    my many women says makes your cum tastes better....(ever seen Whipped with Amanda Peet?)

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    Cat, it makes perfect sense what you say about gainers being the best way to take the creatine.

My problem is that I have more bodyfat than I care to carry. Id rather work on gaining only lean mass (though I know id be cutting my muscle gains short by not packing on some added fat as well). So I dont know if the gainer is a good option for me.

I normally take my creating with 16oz of gatorade the moment im done training. When I get home frm the gym (about 20 minutes later) I prepare my protien shake which includes 75% Milk and Egg Protien and 25% Whey protien, for a total of 50grams of protien. To the shake I add 5 grams of Glutamine, a banana, and a tablespoon of flax oil.

What else could I do to get a smuch as I can from my creatine without taking in too many calories?

The pineapple has differents kinds of suggars, and has an acid that helps absorving better the protein, that means that you will save the protein you eat. You thing that when you take 50 grams of protein you will absove everything? Wrong, and theres were the pineapple goes. dont laugh. And is not my fault if I need a nutricionist in my situation as a Jiu-Jitsu fighter. I am always on champs so its totally necessary, man. Take the forum more seriouslly next time all right?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by [Jiu-Jitsu*] BRAZIL
    Take the forum more seriouslly next time all right?
    would you be talking to me by any chance ???

caseylee is offline Junior Member
    i have been mixing mine with a protine shake is this gonna work to get it where it need s to be?... and if i don't do this i take it with some oj ? any ideas for that one ?

then what just water, mabye a beer . what do u take your with, also what do u take your glut. with ? is that gonna be ok to take with oj, the taste of both is not at all that great so that s the reason i don't like taking it with water

i was told that with glutamine not to mix it with anything cause it won't get ingested right, have u ever heard anything like that ?

NightOp is offline Member

RAMPAGE is offline Junior Member
    screw loading it a scam and worthless just take dose and let it kick in on its own..

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    studies have shown that there actually is no need to load .

Thread Information