INmemoryJBC8102 is offline New Member

HELP!!! --New Guy--

well here's my problem...i've been lifting hard for about 6 months and have not really seen any results...i have not gained a single lb. my strength has increased somewhat...but size...and wieght...not much...few lbs here...few there. here is my diet,supplements and workout...tell me what i am doing wrong and correct me...Please and Thanks!

i'm 5'9 @160lbs-22yrs of age-

--workout--each muscle exercize consists of the pyramid-4 sets(warmup-8-6-4 for reps)
    -mon-chest/tris/abs
    -tues-rest!
    -weds-back/bis/abs
    -thurs-rest!
    -fri-legs/shoulders/abs
    -sat-rest!
    -sun-rest!

--i took Cell-Tech for 5 months...2 weeks off every 2 months...and protien(55gs per serving...2 servings a day on workout days...and 1 serv. on non workout days)

--Diet--
    -breakfast-2 eggs fried w/no butter...4 pieces of turkey bacon,2 wheat toast,1-16oz glass of Skim milk
    -lunch-usually tuna fish...one can on wheat bread(2 sandwiches),protien shake,1 yogurt
    -dinner-usually something different-1 chicken breast,steak,or pork..with a vegetable,and 16oz glass of Skim milk.
    -before bed-protien shake(on workout days)

i usually intake about 180-210grams of protien per day...what am i doing wrong? help with better diet/supplements/workout if needed!!!

thanks a ton guys!!!

-Mike-

KeyMastur is offline VET
    How many calories are you taking in ? To me, it doesn't look like you're eating enough. Granted every persons metabolism / body structure is different.

calories? i have no idea...i gotta eat more? like what?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I'd say you're maybe pulling in 2000 calories, maybe a little more on your workout days because you've got your "protein shake" before bed. It appears as if you don't eat often enough. Try eating every 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Remember though, good foods, not ice cream, fried chicken, etc.

eat like small meals every 3 hrs? examples?

the main thing that sucks is...i work from 8am-5:30pm..lunch break at 12:30...and dont really have access to food at those times unless i'm on lunch break...thats where i'm stuck....

thanks a ton!!!

-Mike-

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Key sounds right. Sounds like your just lacking in the calories. Your diet seems good and clean. Since you say you have little time to eat more often you may want to drink a weight gain shake right before bed. Not that GNC crap though. And if you don't want to do that, Try and add some bagels to your meal. But I would suggest a weight gainer and that would probably fill the cal gap.

Imfamous10 is offline Junior Member
    IMO all these guys are right with the calories, and the meals every 2.5 to 3 hours, if you stay active try upping your carbs a little bit too for that extra energy in the gym

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Your diet is similar to my diet...when I was 12. Sorry dude, but its the truth. You have to eat more food and more often. Drink those shakes every day because your workout day isn't the only day you need protein.

could i eat every 4 hrs? i'm able to do that with my job...what you guys think? i'm gonna take Nlarge2 2-3 times a day...so that should help...thanks for all your help!

-Mike

Thread Information