Thread: Bowflex?

INmemoryJBC8102 is offline New Member

Bowflex?

didn't know what forum to ask this in..so here we go:

anyone experience or hear anything good about the Bowflex?

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    It, (like every other piece of home equipment)is a piece of shit. Save your money for something useful,like gear or hookers

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    lol @ hookers

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    You really need free weights. Stick with the gym.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Its just too goddamn expensive for what it is. You buy this thing odds are you won't use it for very long and you are out a few grand, at least if you join a gym and then quit it will only cost you a few hunrded at most.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    peps say its ok but there will never be anything better that the real gym

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I never used the BowFlex, but that's only because I remember using the SoloFlex when I was younger. I hate the feel of those bands and the BowFlex looks like it would have that same type of feeling. It also looks like it would be hard to really judge the amount of weight you're pushing. The resistance curve has to really be a bit*& also. The begining seems like it would be easy going, and then the further into the movement, the more the resistance would become (so it would seem). Once agan, just what I think, I've never actually used it. Just basing it on what I know about the SoloFlex and what I know about archery bows (which is what the resistance principle is based on).

I prefer free weights. I don't think you can bulk up using the BowFlex either.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    I know i just snapped the add-on 100lbs recently, i cant say wheather its a good buy or a rip off but ive put on a good gain 20% to my limbs calfs and wrist excluded. over the last ten months.

Ive have seen some people that look great in their 200s with alot less to lift waights with. For me its a good buy if i keep breaking the plastic braces from just reattaching the cables and the fact id loose alot of intrest getting to and from the gym plus the cost to work out.

Soon as i get my 3 night workout groove back im going to bulk up and cut into my arms the same weeks i work out maybe legs also, so i can get rid of the sick 13 inch bicepts. Also took on 30lbs maybe 20 is real muscle the rest just water i cannot knock off yet.

Its all about will it work for you or not free weights might be better but i much enjoy stuffing a 2 hour workout into 1 or 3 without need of a gym.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    my trainner was telling me that he onec ordered a bowflex. the 1st rep he put all the lbs on it and saped the rod ...or cabel i dont remember. But he called the CO. and told them to take the P.O.S back

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, those informercials make the thing look great.
    But the resistance on those things vary from top end to bottom end. Huge resistance and then it fades as you reach the top of your exercise. Sure you will get muscle but like everyone said, Spend your money on the gym or buy some nice free weights and maybe a leg press machine and such if you dont care for gyms

hybrid is offline Member
    junk.

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by INmemoryJBC8102
    didn't know what forum to ask this in..so here we go:

anyone experience or hear anything good about the Bowflex?
    Stick with free weights and a gym. With that said though, the bowflew may have its place. Just for an example, my big bro travels 3-5 days out of the week and is usually using hotel equipment anyways. Hes a pussy, so he doesn't need much, but he wanted something that would fit in his small townhouse. So if you are in a similar situation and can find one used for 1/3 of the price...Maybe. But otherwise, read my first sentence.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Just broke one of the plastic peices myself just recently after a year with the thing the add on weights i snapped the plastic just pulling on the bowrod. Ladie i spoke with almost didnt know what to look for to replace it.

homeboy is offline New Member
    junk is right.stick to free weights.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    For what the Bowflex will cost you you could get 3 years of gym memberships. Just find a gym that has the latest machines and lots of free weights.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I prefer free weights, bowflex is a piece of shit just like every other "all in one home gym". Just stick with free weights and the gym bro, fuck resistence.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Crapola........get to a gym

Thread Information