Thread: Creatine

Brendan is offline New Member

Question Creatine

Ok, I see most of you mention creatine or take it, but what exactly is it?

What are the positive and negative side effects of it, and can I get it at say like a local store or something? Or does it have be ordered of the net?

Rookiejay is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan

What are the positive and negative side effects of it, and can I get it at say like a local store or something? Or does it have be ordered of the net?
    Ordering is much cheaper.

As far as positives and negatives - there's a lot of info to cover in one post - I strongly suggest you learn more about creatine.

(also, read about glutamine - very important, maybe even more important than creatine)

Good luck

Jay

BREASTMAN is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan

Quick creatine science:

One of the main fuel sources for muscle is ATP. When we work out, our bodies break down ATP into ADP (from Tri-phospahte to Di-phosphate). In order to quickly restore ATP for further muscular work, our muscles contain creatine phosphate (CP). CP will lend its phosphate group to ADP so that it can become ATP once again. When we take in creatine as a supplement, we effectively increase our stores of CP in the muscle and therefore make it easier for our bodies to reform ATP from ADP.

Of course this process is a bit more complicated, but that should give you a better picture!

Thread Information