Thread: 5g of creatine

Slugger is offline Junior Member

5g of creatine

I am currently taking an effervescent creatine that includes 5g of creatine and 5g of glutamine with every serving(1 scoop). The can recommends taking only 1 serving a day. The serving only contains 1g of sugar.

My question, is taking only 5 g of creatine a day enough to get good results from creatine. I will be taking it everday before I lift without cycling.

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger
    I am currently taking an effervescent creatine that includes 5g of creatine and 5g of glutamine with every serving(1 scoop). The can recommends taking only 1 serving a day. The serving only contains 1g of sugar.

My question, is taking only 5 g of creatine a day enough to get good results from creatine. I will be taking it everday before I lift without cycling.
    Because I am still not a believer in the effervescent transport system, I would definitely up my intake to one serving upon awakening and a second serving post workout. I am not saying the effervescent doesn't work, it must do something for it to be patented, however I have never had as good results vs a dextrose or high glycemic sugar delivery system. But it is definitely worth a shot, after all I am not a chemist.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I have heard that if your over 200lbs you should up your creatine over 5g a day.

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    I have heard that if your over 200lbs you should up your creatine over 5g a day.
    I would definitely up my creatine dose if I were(and I am) over 200 lbs. I personally take 15 grams daily split up between 3 doses. eg. morning, post workout, afternoon.

Thread Information