Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member

What do you guys think of water pills?

I have never done them, or tried them. But a friend of mine swears by them for temporary relief of bloating. I am not really bloated, but I want to get as much water retention out of my body as possible.
    Here is my problem I am off to the beach the end of this week and I want to get the remainder of water (or as much as I can) out of my body before I start pigging out in florida, drinking and so forth. Because once I start drinking, I will bloat and hold water. At least for the first few days I want to try and get as much out of my body as I can.
    Just wanted to get some opinions on this one? Has anyone had any success on water pills?

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    Never tried them nor would I
    but i new someone who had done it and had good results,

Be very carful taking them if you do!

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I have actually tryed them for wrestling trying to get all my water weight out of me the over the counter ones dont really work some of them just turned my piss blue the best ones you can get is perscription

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Thanks guys for the replies, I don't like to dehydrate myself, because of all the physical activity I do, however, I figured I could at least do it while I have a few days of no physical activity just to see if I can get as much bloat off as I can.

BREASTMAN is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian30
    I have never done them, or tried them. But a friend of mine swears by them for temporary relief of bloating. I am not really bloated, but I want to get as much water retention out of my body as possible.
    Here is my problem I am off to the beach the end of this week and I want to get the remainder of water (or as much as I can) out of my body before I start pigging out in florida, drinking and so forth. Because once I start drinking, I will bloat and hold water. At least for the first few days I want to try and get as much out of my body as I can.
    Just wanted to get some opinions on this one? Has anyone had any success on water pills?
    You can try a water pill for temporary water loss, but don't use anything pharmaceutical...use an OTC diuretic like Taraxatone. It will provide good water loss, but it will do so without depleting you of electrolytes and completely dehydrating you. Use recommended dosages and for no more than 3-5 days.

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    Even better than taraxatone, use Dandelion. This is the main ingredient in Taraxatone. Take about 500-100mg daily for 3-5 days.

BREASTMAN is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Time
    Even better than taraxatone, use Dandelion. This is the main ingredient in Taraxatone. Take about 500-100mg daily for 3-5 days.
    Actually, adding a bit of dandelion to Taraxatone works really well. Taraxatone is very potent, but could use about another 250 mg of dandelion per dose.

Thread Information