DocHoliday is offline Senior Member

alpha lipoic acid and l-arginine

I've read a few posts on the two, and the most helpful on l-arginine was submitted by PTbyJason, and I wish I kept the link.

My question about lipoic acid is when to take it in context of my workouts. 100mg, I want to take two a day, but not sure the best times. I was thinking with my pre-meal workout, and then before I go to bed. My workout times vary by day, but my eating is scheduled by my routines whether the workouts are off by 30min to an hour.

Both the lipoic and the arginine should probably be taken with a meal, and I'm thinking that both, two times a day, once an hour before my workout (using liquid creatine too 10 min prior to workout) and then again both pills before I go to bed.

Sound good to anyone?

Doc

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    A few years ago I was taking alpha lipoic acids with my creatine and I was taking it right after my workout.

did that help? did you take it with your meals? I doubt I'll get it again, but def arginine...don't know why I chose arginine but it's a gut feeling...

Doc

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    I take 2 doses of ala daily, one with morning protein shake, and one with post workout protein shake

Hey Go Time...thanks for your reply.

Is there sound logic to why you take your dosage at those times? Not flaming, I just am really curious. I want to be optimal.

Anyone on arginine?

Doc

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday
    Hey Go Time...thanks for your reply.

Is there sound logic to why you take your dosage at those times? Not flaming, I just am really curious. I want to be optimal.

Anyone on arginine?

Doc
    i take arginine 1 gram 3x's a day plus my trac creatine has 4 grams in it. That i take 30-45 before workout. Major pumps and helps at night in the sac with the little lady as well
    i Have heard of people putting 18 grams a day in to themselfs. I would but cant afford that.
    Last edited by ENraged; 09-25-2003 at 10:50 AM.

Thread Information