Adren is offline New Member

Weight Gainers GNC 1850 - NLarge 2

Okay, I've read all about GNC bullshit and everything AFTER I bought a big helping of WG 1850. I am currently 18 and at only 140lbs. Now, instead of dumping this 1850 shit down the toilet, is there a chance that it will actually work? Im not sure of how many shakes a day I should take and I'm currently working out 3-4 days a week for 1 hour supersets. I've got a tight schedule with working on weekends and college on weekdays. Is there anyone that can help? Also, I've heard good stuff about NLarge 2?

bigswole30 is offline Junior Member
    All weight gainers are junk. You are paying for low grade protein and maltodextrin.

Zex03 is offline New Member
    That Gnc weight gainer is garbage, go with PRolabs Nlarge2, espically if your on a budget. And the stuff mixes great, none of that clumpy shit, the taste is pretty good also.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Just stick with it. You have to keep using it every day. It helps when you cant find 1000 extra calories to eat. No sense in throwing it away. That is kinda retarded.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Just stick with it. You have to keep using it every day. It helps when you cant find 1000 extra calories to eat. No sense in throwing it away. That is kinda retarded.
    Atleast the 1850 has 50 grams of protein per serving if i remember correctly

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    All the weight gainers usually have more grams of protien than the regular PROTIEN powders by themselves. Thats why I never understood why skinny people by just protien. It is twice as expensive. Sure it is clean protien with no fat but....
    I use the weight gainer everyday and it helps keep my weight on by like 60%

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    All the weight gainers usually have more grams of protien than the regular PROTIEN powders by themselves. Thats why I never understood why skinny people by just protien. It is twice as expensive. Sure it is clean protien with no fat but....
    I use the weight gainer everyday and it helps keep my weight on by like 60%
    Checked the serving size of that GNC gainer? Sure, it does have more per serving if you wanna take 3 cups a day.

Use the shit up... Add it to all of your meals, and especially post w/o. Afterwards, buy some brown rice and protein powder. Personally, I've used the GNC stuff and the Prolab. Weightgainers just aren't practical. If you really use a full serving of that stuff a day, you will be back in GNC every 5 days. Like others have said, add a shake with every meal.
    Last edited by fLgAtOr; 09-29-2003 at 10:30 PM.

Adren is offline New Member
    So, I have been having a shake with every meal (3 major meals) when I can, but how many scoops per serving should I take? There is a stupid misprint on the actual product... which is quite retarded... but I have been taking 2 scoops with 2 cups of 2% milk....

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adren
    So, I have been having a shake with every meal (3 major meals) when I can, but how many scoops per serving should I take? There is a stupid misprint on the actual product... which is quite retarded... but I have been taking 2 scoops with 2 cups of 2% milk....
    You should have a shake between meals, not with them unless you your goal is to make your poop higher in protein.

Bodybuilding 101 sez that you need to put protein in your body every 2-3 hours. At 140 pounds, you should lift your ass off 4 times a week and eat six times a day. Sleep eight hours a day. Eating means real food (not junk) three times a day, plus a shake two hours before lunch, two hours after lunch and sometime before bed.

If you work out hard (not jabbering with your friends) and eat right, you WILL gain weight. Even if you don't want to, you will. You have to look at your calorie intake EVERY day. SIX meals EVERY day. Work out four times (not ten, not two) a week.

You will put on about 1 pound of lean muscle a week.

ps- don't worry if you get a little fat around the middle. Hitting the exact calorie count to put on muscle only is almost impossible. When you weight 190-200, add more cardio and you can get rid of any fat you may have.

Thread Information