Grant is offline Member

Taste Comparison Optimum vs. Pro Rated

Anybody have a good experience with Pro Rated protein. I like the taste of Optimum but never tried Pro Rated.

mfenske is offline Member
    I very much like the taste of Pro-Rated. The Chocolate, Banana, and Vanilla are all excellent. They mix quite well, and are very inexpensive. My only gripe is that it doesn't seem to go quite as far as the Optimum. I would say either brand is a good choice. Mark

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    pro rated strawberry is good. The best tasting I've come accross is IsoPure Low Carb Choc Isolate.

huh? is offline Associate Member
    i have ON double rich chocolate...... it tastes goooooooooooood w/ skim milk

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    I've used the chocolate flavor of both brands, and I prefer Pro-rated. Definitely my favorite.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    I know this seems bias, but I am going to give my opinion anyway. I only drink Pro-Rated now. My personal favorites are the Chocolate and Strawberry. Have you ever tried ON Strawberry? It is not good at all.

I will tell you this. At one time we were the #1 distributor in the country of ON 100% whey protein 10 LBers. Since we started carrying Pro-Rated, almost all of our sales for protein is Pro-Rated and we go through a pallete every 3 days. That's a ton of protein for us.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Been on ON for most the year though it tasted great over some of the thick stuff you could buy at gnc with egg powder as a added ingredient to the whey.
    Bought me some strawberry Pro rated a month ago lets say i was almost an instant addict. Stuff taste to good even better than choc optimum in vanilla icecream.

Never tried stawberry On but ive had all the other two flavors.

Grant is offline Member
    i will give it a try

madmanz is offline Junior Member
    i base the taste, mixing with water cause most taste good with milk. optimum is good with water and it is a good value for your money

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I will say PRO-RATED by far. I always get the banana and strawberry. I've tried the chocolate and like it but prefer the strawberry. To me it tastes nothing like what protein shakes taste like. I get the 10lbs and it lasts me about a month and a half, at 3 double scooped shakes per workout days and 1 on non-workout days.

Thread Information